• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Applying limits to Gold/Lumber/Food Counters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Does anyone know how to set limits to gold/lumber/food counters? As in for example in a shooting game, gold would represent number of rounds in the current magazine, lumber would represent the total number of magazines on you. However, what I want to do for the Food limit is that I want to set it as the body temperature on a unit. Say if unit is standing still, their food would decrease at a rate of .3 per second, if the food limit reaches under 65, the unit dies. However if the unit is attacking or running, the unit gains food at a rate of 1 per second.

If anyone knows some way to getting this, please respond. Thank you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Gold and Lumber are capped at 1000000 (max) and 0 (min) no mater what you do, you can only display numbers in those ranges. You can write triggers to cap the values to anything inbetween that range however but I am sure you guessed this.

Food you can adjust the maximum in gameplay constants.

The rest of what you want is done via triggers.

Level 2
So is there a way then that I could write where I want to subtract a number from lumber (lets say "X" for now) and apply that number "X" to the gold counter? But the condition for "X" would only be a number that would add the current number the gold counter has to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.