1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

gold item effect on the ground

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Lee_Go, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im trying to make the effect, that shows up when you pick up a gold coin, appear above my selected point, problem is, when i set the simple trigger for it, the effect doesn't show... help!

2. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Something like this?

• Actions
      • Set loc = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +10 at loc with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 86.27%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)

If you need to show it for one player only, use IfGetLocal Player() == ....

3. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you, this isn't what i was talking about but i'll use it. I was saying that the effect for the little gold art, that little gold coin that spirals into the air, it doesnt show up on the ground when you set it to.

4. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, must've misinterpreted your first post.
    Can you show me your trigger in that case?

5. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, it's literally as simple as you can get:
    Time - Every 5 seconds...
    Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 000 Copy 5 <gen>) using UI/Feedback/GoldCredit.mdl

6. manstie

manstie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hero aquires an item

If item = Coin

Set Location = Point of item being manipulated
    Special Effect - Create a special effect at Location using UI/Feedback/GoldCredit.mdl
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location)