• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Gold harvesting pathing in water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings community! :)

I have faced a similar issue as in this thread:

[General] - Pathing Issue: Returning Resources over deep water

I uploaded the file.

I made it as minimatistic as possible. I made two only water placeable buildings out of the human shipyard. One with the gold mine ability and one to collect the ressources at. The human frigates got harvesting ability.

Why is this happening? The ship seems to forget it can swim during the process. But it is shy to move over land as well! So it just does weird coast crawling. o_O

Is there any way to fix this? :(

Help would be appreciated. :D

Attachments

• trade ship testing.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 21
Level 8
Greetings community! :)

I have faced a similar issue as in this thread:

[General] - Pathing Issue: Returning Resources over deep water

I uploaded the file.

I made it as minimatistic as possible. I made two only water placeable buildings out of the human shipyard. One with the gold mine ability and one to collect the ressources at. The human frigates got harvesting ability.

Why is this happening? The ship seems to forget it can swim during the process. But it is shy to move over land as well! So it just does weird coast crawling. o_O

Is there any way to fix this? :(

Help would be appreciated. :D

You're relying on a part of the game's AI that is probably programmed to tell workers that they cannot cross water. That's a pretty deep-rooted issue. You'd probably have to give the havesting units a new order with a trigger to overwrite the AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.