• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mining Gold to Another Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I placed a custom gold mine in the water that can be harvested by a custom worker (I made the worker a ship). I also made a custom building where a worker can bring back gold there instead of having to go to the town hall (this new building is sea pathable and in the water so the ship can go to it), however, the ship keeps trying to go to the town hall which is a lot further away and on land. Why?

Level 5
I placed a custom gold mine in the water that can be harvested by a custom worker (I made the worker a ship). I also made a custom building where a worker can bring back gold there instead of having to go to the town hall (this new building is sea pathable and in the water so the ship can go to it), however, the ship keeps trying to go to the town hall which is a lot further away and on land. Why?

is custom building classified as a town hall and can it accept materials?? be sure to add all of the qualifications that of a town hall.

Level 2
I did manually tell the worker to go to the new return source and it was able to do it, but when it when to the custom gold mine again, it tried to go to the actual town hall again

Level 4
It shouldn't matter - but try making the priorities the same (I know thats probably only for combat)

Also make sure the new drop-off point is closer - they like to take the shortest route.

Level 7
Looking at how harvesters work, you could try to click on the place where they are supposed to go, and then tell them to go to the goldmine. But it kinda sounds like your customizing things might have messed it up. If the things suggested already aren't working, if you don't kind, could you post a map or something like that so we could look at what these guys of yours really are?

Level 2
Ok i attached it.

All of the necesarry unit components are out.

The worker/ship is Human Transport ship (its under human campaign in object editor).

The new gold return source is the Human Shipyard (Under Custom Human Campaign)

And the new gold source is the undersea Oil Patch building right next to the building and ship.

Also, can sum1 explain to me why the ship stutter steps?

Attachments

• Warcraft 2 Battle.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Level 2
When you made the human ship yard, what did you start it out as? And the human keep/castle/town hall all just edited versions of the original ones?

The shipyard is just the shipyard from the editor, and i'm using edited versions of the town halls and such yes.

Level 7
I just tested the map, and found the problem (I think).

If you build the shipyard in the game with your worker, it works. The ship returns it's gold to the shipyard as it should.

But it doesn't work if the shipyard is placed in the editor or with a trigger.

Looks like only those buildings that you have actually build yourself are recogniced as material-return-spots.

So I guess the only solution for preplaced shipyards would be creating a dummy builder and letting it build the shipyard ingame.

Level 2
Aha!! It works!! Thanks mate!!

On a side note, I have a leaderboard set up the way I want.

Now I also have this:

Updating Oil
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Equal to 1.00
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Change the value for (Matching player) in (Last created leaderboard) to 100
Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order

however, points aren't added to the board when 1 gold. So I figure the event has got to be diff right? What should it be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.