• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Godzilla Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello :) I need help with a godzilla model for a map im making about godzilla with a friend randomkilla im hoping if anyone can help if they do it would be a good help to us :pir:

Level 2
0001ct08

this is a picture of him

Level 15
meh, that ain't critical. Godzilla is t-rex type dinosaur. here are t-rex type dinosaurs. tinting can solve the colour problem.

also, I doubt you would get anything better than that =)

Level 2
well godzilla does look like a t-rex and an allosuarus but ther bodys ar hunching and godzilla's is up and straight and i can be alittle picky but godzilla is nothin without hes spikes on hes back D:

i have searched all over hive on google even got on google translator and type godzilla and warcraft model in japanese hoping that people in japan would of made a godzilla model but ther is none :(

Last edited:
Level 2
well like i said i need it for a godzilla map that me and my friend are making and it would be a very good help if somone just makes one godzilla model since ther is none to start off with >.>

i will be very grateful for who ever that help me :)

well rispetto ive been also dling alot of godzilla maps and all of them are like nagas,thunder lizards,jungle stalker and many other things that look nothin like godzilla >.>

Level 15
Stop breaking the guy's balls.
He wants a GODZILLA model, not a fuckin T-REX model. Maybe you should Learn to READ.

The Godzilla model will stand straight up, rather than hunch.
Try looking up stuff like this in hopes of finding the model you need.

you're a bit nervious person, aren't you? must be sad to rage at people, who will never feel anything, but amusement from your anger =)

Level 2
cmon this model is easy to be made
im doing it but will take a while.

huh ur actually going to help? TY!!!! :D THANK U SO MUCH UR THE ONLI ONE THAT ACTUALLY ANSWERED MY QUESTION TY!! if ur making it can u make godzilla's spikes on hes back go blue wen he casts a spell :D like in the picture
Godzilla_biography.jpg

Level 2
well in godzilla movies he always destroys buildings and all its hes hobbie :)
errr well in the movies he just bites,punchs,stomps,kicks use hes tail as a whip

Here are lots of links of godzilla in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xW2xKDJoL4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2dbKQE0_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFYbHosfy8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocpQVNHF8xY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSUeCuigqM8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYuIEa5DvJs&feature=related

Last edited:
Yes, improvisational means is probably the leading way of learning new things in terms of mapping, but that is no reason to treat him with hostility.
If you don't want to make the unit for him (I would if I could, believe me) than don't post here at all.

Thanks.

I am showing zero hostility to him. If I am showing any, it is towards you. Now, perhaps you should take your own advice and no longer post here?

Level 15
Hostility? Advising to use ready-made models that 90% fit the request is hostility now?
People, you really make me laugh =)

Level 3
Hostility? Advising to use ready-made models that 90% fit the request is hostility now?
People, you really make me laugh =)

He doesnt want to use ready-made models of dinosaurs , he wants a GODZILLA not a t-rex a GODZILLA. He doesnt want a trex without godzilla spikes he wants a GODZILLA with spikes. Dont advise him to use models that are not on a godzilla because a t-rex or any other prehistoric dinosaur is not a godzilla. Now how about you take your own advice of "search" and try and find one godzilla model. Oh wait, their are none so your "Learn to Search" is useless beacuse, you yourself have not searched.

Level 15
He doesnt want to use ready-made mod-els of dinosaurs , he wants a GODZILLA not a t-rex a GODZILLA. He doesnt want a trex without godzilla spikes he wants a GODZILLA with spikes. Dont advise him to use models that are not on a godzilla because a t-rex or any other prehistoric dinosaur is not a godzilla. Now how about you take your own advice of "search" and try and find one godzilla model. Oh wait, their are none so your "Learn to Search" is useless beacuse, you yourself have not searched.

man, I'd love to see you rage IRL. that must be spectacular. if that your fury on absolutely unimportant subject, I'd like to see you seriously angry =))

anyway, GL with getting exact model. when you'll want a placeholder, remember that they are in hive database. good day.

huh lol well the model does not exist wat so ever, i did said i will be greatful to who ever makes it and i did give a photo

All i want is just one godzilla model and thats it i will die a happy man wen it is made :)

you forgot the mention the following point
Proving the Model's Use

99% of all modelers are not going to make you a model just so you can have your own model to mess with.

The person that has their map all done, and is requesting a couple models to polish it, is about 10 times more likely to get their request done before a requester who hasn't even started his/her map yet.

Another couple things about this is, don't use the excuse that "If you make the model, I'll probably get the map done!" This is one the lamest excuses and will probably make you getting any request taken very unlikely.

The map comes first. There are plenty of Warcraft III units to use as temporary units to use until you are done with your map. Then come back and make a request.

now did you miss out on that point on purpose?

whoever your friend is, it is highly unlikely that you guys will finish or, i dare say, even start this map. until you have shown your dedication to the map, no modeller is going to show their dedication to the map

@randomkilla: you seem to be under the impression that model making is easy and that you can be careless with it when it comes to taking up a modeller's time. not your own time, a modeller's time. lemme tell you and all the other people who frequent the request section to request. modelling takes time. it takes precious time out of the modeller's life. now, i dont mean to say modelling is unrewarding and a waste of time. when you create your own stuff, it is merely a hobby that you enjoy. a time-well-spent hobby. however, when i expend my hours working on a request model, that isnt my own and will probably never be used by the requester, THAT is a waste of time.

the point still stands, the general view is that this person will ever finish their map let alone start it. the "learn to search" comment does not mean that the person looks for a godzilla model. it implies that the person searches for the most suitable and uses a stand-in model so he can at least work on his map without the model. this was clearly pointed out in the guidelines/tips.

and dont you dare say "my map will never work without the exact model". if the success of your map hangs purely on one single model, then i would say you have failed already because your map will obviously worthless to play.

Level 2
you forgot the mention the following point

now did you miss out on that point on purpose?

whoever your friend is, it is highly unlikely that you guys will finish or, i dare say, even start this map. until you have shown your dedication to the map, no modeller is going to show their dedication to the map

@randomkilla: you seem to be under the impression that model making is easy and that you can be careless with it when it comes to taking up a modeller's time. not your own time, a modeller's time. lemme tell you and all the other people who frequent the request section to request. modelling takes time. it takes precious time out of the modeller's life. now, i dont mean to say modelling is unrewarding and a waste of time. when you create your own stuff, it is merely a hobby that you enjoy. a time-well-spent hobby. however, when i expend my hours working on a request model, that isnt my own and will probably never be used by the requester, THAT is a waste of time.

the point still stands, the general view is that this person will ever finish their map let alone start it. the "learn to search" comment does not mean that the person looks for a godzilla model. it implies that the person searches for the most suitable and uses a stand-in model so he can at least work on his map without the model. this was clearly pointed out in the guidelines/tips.

and dont you dare say "my map will never work without the exact model". if the success of your map hangs purely on one single model, then i would say you have failed already because your map will obviously worthless to to play.

so.. u want to c the map? cuz we need godzilla 4 the opening cinematic
anways im just asking for one model and thats it nothin else just one single model.I can use the trex model or allosaurs model but its just the fact they have no spike #.#

I red alot of blogs and all about a godzilla model and thers heaps of people who are asking for a godzilla model http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/139094-godzilla-model

the map is about godzilla but not just about him too u noe >.> thers 2 more monsters in it and they dont have a model but im happy to use other models all i want is just one godzilla model anyways have u ever seen a godzilla movie cuz its not just all about him. Plus godzilla is my favourite type of movie i liked hes movie wen i was 4 :) before i liked godzilla i liked dinosaurs and my dad took me to the video store and bought a video he fought it was a dinosaur but it wasn't it was godzilla :)

And Of course of will use it >.> wat type of dog do u think i am

if i dare post another request then chop my hands off :)

Last edited:
Let's sum this up and get it over with:

- He doesn't want a dinosaur.
- He wants Godzilla.
- Godzilla model does not exist on THW.
- He posts request.
- End.

Thanks to that guy for making it for him! +Rep :)

@ * for the *ing win! Gotta love how people are so * as to post something like this, and not understand the words of others. Especially when it's easily comprehensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Thats not heaps... That was a person who is still a low ranked person as well. Anyway wasnt a guy saying that it was easy to make godzilla/he would do it?

lol well i was surfing the net awhile ago and ther was alot of requests about godzilla model

the guy did say he would do it but people are still talking >.> the case is over ther is no point at this thread anymore unless u want to make it a conspiracy

Arrogant asshole for the fucking win! Gotta love how people are so stupid as to post something like this, and not understand the words of others. Especially when it's easily comprehensible.

@ is in your words, *, not mine.
Again, instead of offering support for this new member you use anger-toned words and direct him to some other model which has nothing to do with the one he requested, and even after he said he didn't want it, you cram it down his *ing throat and then get angry when someone defends him.
Honestly, just stop. You're making a @ of yourself.

Edit: And by "some other model which has nothing to do with the one he requested", I mean exactly that. The dinosaur has no resemblance to Godzilla what-so-*ing-ever: he doesn't stand on hind lends, he doesn't have spikes on his back, he doesn't have glow effects for said spikes, he doesn't have the proper color, doesn't have the proper skin textures, and last but certainly not least does not have the attack animations he is searching for.

Not everybody likes to half-@ their games and then promote it as skill. If he wants to make a game based around Godzilla, he should be able to do just that without having to compromise.
I'm fiddling with modelling lately, and even if he has one when I learn some more stuff, I'm going to come back here and make the best god damn Godzilla you ever set your @ eyes upon.

Level 2
Again, instead of offering support for this new member you use anger-toned words and direct him to some other model which has nothing to do with the one he requested, and even after he said he didn't want it, you cram it down his *ing throat and then get angry when someone defends him.

all of u guys have been helping me especially luixmania and all of u guys. rispetto is just tryin to make me feel welcomed to Hive. Godzilla is based of a trex he is also based of a stegosaurus the thing is i would use the model but my friend is going to make an epic cinematic and it needs Godzilla. T-rex model and allosaurs do look like godzilla its just that iretating hunching bit >.>. My friend did use trex and allosaurus model 4 the cinematic and it just dosnt give u that OH * ITS GODZILLA RUN sorta thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr3nXE70fF0&feature=related

One more thing godzilla has been going for 50 years 1954-2004 and hes making a return in 2012 :)

Edit: And by "some other model which has nothing to do with the one he requested", I mean exactly that. The dinosaur has no resemblance to Godzilla what-so-*ing-ever: he doesn't stand on hind lends, he doesn't have spikes on his back, he doesn't have glow effects for said spikes, he doesn't have the proper color, doesn't have the proper skin textures, and last but certainly not least does not have the attack animations he is searching for.

Not everybody likes to half-@ their games and then promote it as skill. If he wants to make a game based around Godzilla, he should be able to do just that without having to compromise.
I'm fiddling with modelling lately, and even if he has one when I learn some more stuff, I'm going to come back here and make the best god damn Godzilla you ever set your @ eyes upon.

You are quite hilarious. If I am a *, by the way you speak, you are below that. I an not using any words such as the ones you say I am towards him. I am simply saying this; Learn to compromise, even if you don't want to, or atleast until you find the one you need. I would also like if you would stop being so @, you seem really *, and have no reason to be so.

As for making a @ of myself, I think you have it backwards, because it is you whom is making a @ of yourself. I have many people who back me, a lot of which have posted in this thread. The fact that you think that a T-Rex has no resemblance to Godzilla is even more hilarious, because the original Godzilla was based off a T-Rex.

Perhaps you should learn to think before you type out long, drawn-out replies, that get you no where. You are not helping your case, nor his, with the way you are trying to get your point across.

all of u guys have been helping me especially luixmania and all of u guys. rispetto is just tryin to make me feel welcomed to Hive. Godzilla is based of a trex he is also based of a stegosaurus the thing is i would use the model but my friend is going to make an epic cinematic and it needs Godzilla. T-rex model and allosaurs do look like godzilla its just that iretating hunching bit >.>. My friend did use trex and allosaurus model 4 the cinematic and it just dosnt give u that OH * ITS GODZILLA RUN sorta thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr3nXE70fF0&feature=related

One more thing godzilla has been going for 50 years 1954-2004 and hes making a return in 2012 :)

If this is his way of trying to welcome you, I would ignore him. Because it is a horrible way of doing so. I welcome you here, and am glad that you are not attempting to @ like Rispetto is trying to do.

Level 2
i would use the T-Rex Model and allosaurus model but it would be better to get a Godzilla model 4 the first time. It is true that godzilla is based off a Trex. Hes a hybrid of A T-rex,Igunadon,stegosaurus and a crocodile.The Trex model rather does look like a godzilla reletive but hes not in the game that im making with a friend. THe first picture is not godzilla but godzillasaurus which was a dinosaur which lived on an island in until it was exposed to radioactivity and became godzilla in godzilla vs king ghidorah but this wasnt the first theroy the first one was godzilal being a hybrid of dinosaurs. The picture under it is a picture of a trex

http://kaiju.boomcoach.com/gallery/godzillasaurus.jpg
http://www.rareresource.com/photos/dinosaur-gallery/Tyrannosaurus_rex8.jpg

If u conpare him with some over godzilla picture they sorta have a resemblance but has more differences then resemblance
http://patrickmacias.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/17/zilla13.jpg
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...an.org/kidsweb/hitech/godzilla/godzilla01.htm
http://worldsofimagination.com/Godzilla_collage.jpg

altough godzilla is based off the trex doesnt mean he is complety a trex now can we stop post fights lol

Level 2
put those images in hidden tags...

oh lol srry D; im new rember
fighting over whos right doesnt really solve the problem about the godzilla model.

Luixmaina has answered my question and the case is solved we dont need to talk about this until the model is done and over

Last edited:
Arrogance is in your words, @, not mine.
dont you just love when people call other people @ish online? the internet is a world of everyone where barely no one knows each other's identity let alone their age. and yet you think age matters here? and does that comment imply that you are an adult? if you are a full grown adult, dont you have other responsibilities other than an online forum?

First of all, the "anger" comes from experiences of being on this website and knowing what happens with requests and knowing what requesters usually do with their requests. nothing.

No one crammed the model down his throat. most were just stating the obvious that no one is just going to make a godzilla model just because some stranger wanted one without good reason. what i really wanted was for the requester to show a good reason ie. a progress on the map.

• ummm it does stand on its hind legs?
  • Put some spikes on the back through world editor
  • Put some glow effects on the back through world editor
  • Use tinting provided in the world editor
  • Or request a custom texture. Textures take considerably less time than a fully animated organic model
  • Not the proper attack animation? just deal with it.

Not everybody likes to half-ass their games and then promote it as skill. If he wants to make a game based around Godzilla, he should be able to do just that without having to compromise.

actually, compromising IS a real skill, both used online and IRL. in fact, it is one of the most important skills that you can have. and it is NOT half-assing something. It is called being persistent and doing something you dont necessarily like in order to achieve a goal. in a naiive ideal world, the requester would simply ask for a model, a modeller would make the model and the requester would finish the map. however, this is not an ideal world and past experiences tell me that many requesters does not have the persistence to even justify themselves and their request.

a brave white knight to the rescue
1268207652625.gif

the chances are, once you start modelling considerably, you will come to realise modelling is indeed time consuming and then you will also come to the conclusion that doing requests are more or less never satisfactory. once that realisation occurs, you wont make request models.
-----------------------
so.. u want to c the map? cuz we need godzilla 4 the opening cinematic

so what you are telling me is that you cant make the map because you are stuck at the opening cinematic due to lack of model?
so... a cinematic takes priority even before working on the terrain, the unit stats and balance and the planning of the actual gameplay?

I red alot of blogs and all about a godzilla model and thers heaps of people who are asking for a godzilla model http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/139094-godzilla-model
i see one person asking for a godzilla model
And Of course of will use it >.> wat type of dog do u think i am
chances are, you wont use the model. it will sit in your hard drive for all eternity. the chances are, you will not even make the map. not even a part of it. maybe you will work on one or two things like "how op should the godzilla be" or "which helicopter model will i use?" but then you will get bored. you will forget about it and then move on to another map project.

he asked for a godzilla not a dinosaur and you go and flame him
you guys are purrddyy cool

you havent read through the whole thread, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.