• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] God... Zombies in multiplayer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Heh... Now I know how to move my units, but it doesn't fit in multiplayer Oo I can't just say zombies:
  • Zombie Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Order(<Empty String>))
                  • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Order(Stop))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
            • Else - Actions
They won't know, where their head is -.- So any idea how to move like 2000 zombies on a map without making them stuck between 2 players? xD

Level 11
Well this may not work but it's still a thing you must learn.

I'll explain for you. The Group you're using is leaking, i supose you know what leaks is. Otherwise go here and try to learn everything about it, cuz leaks, in massive producing, is really dangerous. It causes bugs, crashes, laggs, etc...
So to avoid that you can use a BJ, with that i mean this action below
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
BJ´s are, and will always be, really slow. With that i mean that when the BJ is "called", it will take some time to get the 'thing' you want started. And that's why you also should try to avoid BJ´s, but in this case, it doesn't matter.

You'll see that when you've pasted this into the Trigger, the effect will be much smoother, in the length.
And also, I'm going to look some further into this thread. Then i can try to solve the problem you've got here.

The things the other guys saying here, that it should be (Picked Unit) instead of (Matching Unit), is false. You've done the whole correct in that Condition. But as i said, i'll look some furhter into this.

EDIT:
Well now i've solved you'r problem. So, now if you go into the Trigger Editor and go to the Trigger i made called Zombie Walk, then you can see something that not will be right, here they are (They are there because i don't having you'r real map. Well anyways i'm gonna tell you what you MUST change when you import it into you'r map, well change this following:

From
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
To
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Zombie)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

And also this:

From
  • Set Temp_Loc = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) slot status) Equal to Is unused))))
To
  • Set Temp_Loc = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
And here's the TEST MAP :thumbs_up: View attachment Zombie Move.w3x

Last edited:
Level 15
Hmm... I want to make a shield generator, so if it's turned on, every friendly structure's taken damage is converted like the Original Mana shield do but for the genereator... But I can't make it correctly Oo I', having problems with applying the specified buff on the buildings Oo So I can't check if they have the buff -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.