• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin's Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I am using the Ultimate terraining map if anyone was wondering. Everything you're about to see is far from done. I am possibly only 10-20% done. I still have many thing to do like changing the tilesets skins. I guess its going to be more of a small village. The area inside the pink box will be filled. 'The size of the village'. For those that give me any "good" ideas, I'll be giving you rep, 'Even if I don't use it'. Just don't be stupid about the suggestion. And for those that were wondering. What inspired me to do this, "And what gave me this design". This baby. I pretty much used a few of the designs from his map and implemented them into my map. Except I've decided to make a few tweaks, 'Due to trying to make this playable'. Wouldn't want the terrain to be cram-pt' up! So yeah... Thanks for the inspiration, Mr. Goblin.

In the end I'll get my self a decent camera system. Then upload it for you guys to have a proper look around.
New images coming soon!

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 451
  • 002.png
    002.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 389
  • 003.png
    003.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • 004.png
    004.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 354
  • 005.png
    005.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 288
  • 006.png
    006.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,570
Last edited:
Level 8
Looking good, has some work that needs to be done though. Some suggestions if i may!
Try to remove anything that doesnt fir the theme, lets say, the wolfhead.. :p Also i wouldnt use grasse tiles in a goblin city, but dirt and city tiles like black brikes or whatever,, maybe some custom tiles would be awsome, and because i have to, these brown walls, are they wooden or rusted aluminum?

PS: I would really love to have those lamps, and those gears!

Edit: I would also use the "Support Column" default wc3 doodadd, because its awsome for such structure, and you can easily manipulate them to create some shorts of "factory" or whatnot. I have played just with those babies, and the pipes, and created awsome stuff! Also you can do them like a factory chimney and make fire get out of them. Another great doodadd, is the Moria well, doodadd, which if colorized black, or gray, can look like metalic! Check it out :)

Level 16
maybe some custom tiles would be awsome
Yeah I thought id leave the tilesets last. Even though it would make it look much better. I thought Id just work with the doodads and exc.

Support Column
I would if I didn't find it so damn ugly lol. Wish they made a better looking one.

If you could link me some tile-sets, id be happy. Because I personally get bored of searching all over google for tile-sets. 'Have not done that yet', But it'll come to that when I do.

+rep
Oh and as for the lamps...

Attachments

• Lamps.png
    Lamps.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.