• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin_Laborer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Goblin Worker unit.

Pants and helmet are teamcolour.

Yeah, I tend to make other models before I update the ones who need fixes.

Updated people. Only took me half a month \m/

Keywords:
goblin, worker, Proxy, awesome
Contents

Goblin_Laborer (Model)

Goblin_Laborer (Model)

Reviews
11:12, 13th Jun 2013 Deolrin: First of all, I gotta say - awesome model! However, I did notice a few minor problems that I'd like you to fix(and I hope you won't postpone it for ages! D:). First of all, something's off about the pickaxe animations...

M

11:12, 13th Jun 2013
Deolrin: First of all, I gotta say - awesome model!
However, I did notice a few minor problems that I'd like you to fix(and I hope you won't postpone it for ages! D:). First of all, something's off about the pickaxe animations; The pickaxe is held by the goblin throughout Death and Stand - 3, but in these animations, he switches to a "secondary" pickaxe geoset(in Death, he drops the pickaxe, whereas in Stand - 3, he hangs it by his belt while he scratches his head). This creates a secondary, "phantom" pickaxe, which looks incredibly strange.
Another problem is the portrait camera. It is currently way too low, and looks awkward in-game(more of the teamcolored backdrop is visible than the goblin himself). I suggest you play around with it in Magos until you fix it, checking in-game every time.
Finally, his gloves are impossible - they are big and fat(which is a good design choice), but they have no 'tight' spot. In real life they'd fall off of his hands immediately. Look at how the Goblin Tinker's gloves are tied up in a spot - you should do something like that. Make them really tight about the middle(where the wrist would be on a human; you should utilize the rope texture for that part, if possible). That would make them look better and more realistic. :)

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
29th Jul 2013
Moderator's Review:

fix the mixed-up picks in decay bone animation, remove the body from decay bone animation, Fix the picks in 'stand 3' anim, make sure his arm doesn't go through his head in 'stand gold' anim (same for 'walk gold' and 'walk lumber' anim), change death sound to goblin (tinker?) death, and redo his gloves to look like gloves, complete with smaller, tied-up spot at the wrist, with rope texture. ASAP

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
As much as I love seeing:
  • PROXY
  • PROXY model
  • PROXY model Goblins
  • PROXY model Goblins that work
  • Dynamite

I have to admit that, with all the options at our disposal for Goblin Resource Collection & Building Construction (goblin, goblin slave, other race's slaves, robots robots robots...), this only makes things worse. xD

However, really nice stuff. :p

//EDIT

PROXY said:
Yeah, I tend to make other models before I update the ones who need fixes.
Noooooeesss!!!... D: