• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Goblin Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, i am inquiring to anybody to please make me or foward me to a Goblin themed town hall, secondary building and fully upgraded 3rd building, different to the one made by Dragoon, since i don't know how to upgrade all 3 tiers of the building, thankyou.:grin:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
In order to change tiers of a multy-tier model all you have to do is check its Required Animation Names in the object editor. On the first level tier they don't say anything. On the second they say "upgrade,first", and respectively "upgrade/second" on the third. Since Dragoon's hall uses three upgrade tiers instead of the normal two, you just have to add "third" instead of "first/second" to use the highest level tier.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Sure. Just follow the following steps:

1. Open World Editor and import Dragoon's Model. I presume you know how to do it.
2. Open the Object Editor.
3. This time you will use the Human TownHall/Keep/Castle unit as a base.
4. So, go to the Town Hall unit, and change the Art-Model to Dragoon's Goblin Hall.
5. Do the same with the Keep and Castle units.
6. Now, notice that at the section Art- Required Animation Names of the Keep unit it says "upgrade,first", and at the same section of the Castle unit it says "upgrade,second". This is because in fact the three units share one model which has three different sets of animations (one for the TownHall, one for the Keep etc.) and the section Required Animation Names specifies which set the model uses.
7. Now if you've done all the previous steps correctly, you have a fully functional 3-stage town hall. Now comes the part about the extra tier Dragoon added. Do make it show in-game instead of one of the other ones simply go to the Required Animation Names section again, and change the "upgrade,first" or "upgrade,second" to "upgrade,third". This way it will show you the highest level of the town hall. But since you said you needed a 3tier goblin town hall instead of 4, i suggest doing steps 1-6 and you are good to go.
8. Just a tip: scale the model to 3 'cause its a bit small.

Level 2
Thankyou so much everybody your making me feel welcome, also these are the buildings i have DL'd and imported into my map so far which have a goblin theme:-
Dragoon's research/training centre,
Dragoon's town hall,
Goblin Altar,
and Sheep processor, anymore mechanical/tech buildings i've missed??

Level 2
And also the problem is that i have tried using the Orc tech buildings but they show up in the WE but not ingame even though i have used the correct path...? any suggestions please?:bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.