• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gnolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello there. I'm planing to make a map about Gnolls, with a small tech-tree (like the Naga). The problem is that I can't think of what else. A melee map with an unbalanced tech-tree isn't that great and I'm not very good at balancing melee maps. Any ideas for what else to have in my map? Thank you for reading.

Level 20
Campaigns are fun to play, if you put enough time on it. A good example are blizzard's campaign maps. I liked them.

And most of people think, that making a campaign is not good, because nobody plays it, but its only because it cant be hosted on Bnet. You may also make "one-map-mini-campaign", when there are multiple players fightining on same side against AI or another players with different goals to achieve the victory.

Level 9
According to Blizzard Gnolls are quite dumb creatures, I don't think they could have a tech tree or organise armies like other races in the universe of Warcraft...
But they would be perfect for a mini-game map, or maybe a funny parody of a Blizzard's campaign: you could make the adventures of Paulsgnarf before he met Sylvanas, showing how weak creeps react to the facts told in TFT, with missions like "steal a leg from Kel'Tuzhad to show to the scourge the might of the gnolls", or "pretend to be dwarves and steal Lord Garithos' food supplies" (this would explain his hate against the other races in the Alliance)...
Or any stealth mission, without buildings, during a great event of warcraft ("Get the empty soul gem after Thrall used it")
Or you can tell the story of Timmy! Arthas rescued him from gnolls, but then a gnoll commando kidnaps him again, and after some events involving Kel'Tuzhad Timmy becomes a ghoul (as seen in the human campaign)...
then you'll have to explain How he became a penguin in TFT (as seen in the undead campaign)!

Level 9
Well they have tribes as such and in WoW they seem quite organized sometimes (they even run a mine somewhere). But your're right about the funny part. All good maps need some kind of... what's the word... Well entertainment. Thanks for the tips.
PS. And I think a campaign-kind of map will be just fine. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.