• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gman Speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Just who is the Gman?

He's obviously some higher entity having the power to manipulate time and space like that. Both Breen and Eli seem to know him but they die before they can say anything else.

So who/what do you think the Gman is?

Level 35
I only know that in HL1 he was supposed to be the Black Mesa administrator. Since it wasn't stated, Valve decided to drop that and keep his identity as a mistery and replace the administrator with a previously unseen character, Dr. Breen of course.

I often think about this question, but didn't succeed in finding out an anwser with supplied evidence. Too bad we hardly know anything besides he's an employee, but the employer's identity is yet unknown. His weird accent also suggests he spent vast amounts of time working for or with aliens, so I think there's a third party (yet unknown) involved.

Level 14
I was aware of this theory as well. However, it is most likely completely false as the name GMan was given by his modeler as a nick because he looks like a government official and also says "I've taken the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were government property." meaning he has some connection with the government(or at least he was supposed to originally have, before Half Life 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.