• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Gloomy Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
This is my entry into the Terrain Contest #1. I was hoping for some feedback.
attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_030308_164413_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_030308_164413_01.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Level 12
The pond in the swamp craves for doodads.Lily pads would be perfect,without them its way too empty.

Nice work,but it gives the feeling like its incomplete.All you see is a bunch of water,and a bunch of identical trees.Looks a bit boring.Add a lot of variation,maybe change the water color so that the grass on the bottom gets more noticable.

Level 34
The eyes are a nice touch. I think the problem with this is the lack of plant. Swamps are usually covered in undergrowth and plants. Add vines in the trees perhaps.

I like it as a start though. The atmosphere is good, although not all that gloomy, but close enough.

Level 12
I agree with Gilles.You should add a lot of vines and other plants.It will make the swamp look realistic,and give it the effect of untouched wilderness.

Dont overexagarate though.

Trees would be preety nice if you spiced them up with vines hanging from the branches.This would make give make them look a bit more random,which is exactly what you should need.

Add some color variations too.Blue mushrooms,yellow flowers,whatever you feel would look good.The only color i see for now is green,it also makes it all a bit boring.Again,overexagarating with color variations may make it all crappy.

Level 4
Hmm, I think the water would be better with a more brownish color, swamps wouldn't really have green or blue water. And the trees seem a little repetitive, maybe use some willow trees too?

Level 28
Now it needs a foreground. I doubt the invisible person with the camera would be standing in the middle of the swamp, and although a perspective of a person isn't necessary, it makes it look better imo.

I'll quote Void then saying everything he said again.

Well, it is done.

And looks pretty like a terrain for a 1st person shoot game.

Oh, and, about your last update, I don't think that that kind of plants (viny plants) grow underwater. Remove 'em.

Level 34
I think he was being sarcastic, because they definetly aren't getting worse.
No, I'm pretty sure he is serious. I like it a lot more personally. Although it doesn't seem all that gloomy. It would pass I suppose.

I like the rain. Good touch. The plants help a lot IMO. Although it takes away from the eyes.

Level 24
I liked the first one because it was plain and nice and gived the nice impression of gloomy, now its filled with all kinds of different doodads that doesnt even grow in water.
I only support 1 of the suggestions as i said previous, the vines down from the trees or vines around the trees.
The water itself was great and the bottom of the water looked murky and dirty!

Level 24
Maybe its the trees that ruins it a bit, im not sure, but they look kind of odd with the leaves and the color on them, doesnt look really gl00my.
Well i would believe the lilly pads could still work just to fill out the empty water a bit...
The idea of the terrain is nice, but UTM lacks of the doodads that you need probably.

Level 34
I think I may like the old one more. Although it still looks bare. Perhaps if you took the old one, with vines in the trees and a few lilly pads. Both are nice though. Good work.

Level 7
the dark green bush in the corner doesn't mix with the light green plants. it stands out and draws my attention to the corner. try submergeing it or making it grow out of the tree

Status
Not open for further replies.