• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] giving jass variables lua variable values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
It's infact the only possibility besides transforming your script by another language. Jass is interpreted only by the game and has no compile-time functions that would allow you to read files or run other programs. vJass on the other side provides directives like //! import and //! external. Latter is very slow though and you have to consider that //! import is handled before //! external, so you cannot effectively generate jass scripts by an external lua program and import it within the same save call. Your lua program could however modify your .j file itself or run jasshelper anew.

I do it the way that I have redirected the save function of JNGP starting my own executable instead of jasshelper. Then I run various tools that alternate my .j and other files and merge it with data outside of the map file. And finally parsers like jasshelper get called to verify the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.