1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Give me a hint !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by randym4a1, Oct 13, 2005.

1. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Long time i havent played or logged on wc3, now im back and planing on new map, but i wonderin if peoples still like RPG map style or they keep playin DOTA :) ? please give me a hint what kind of map i should make ? (dont worry about anything, just give me an idea i will make it the exactly the same)

2. ben_xuereb

ben_xuereb

Resources:
    Resources:
    people still do play rpg's and as for dota you mightaswell get used to it being like almost every were amd you cant do anything about it and i have seen people host your wind and cloud rpg but there is this one were you choose the way of how the game goes alot i think its called DORPG

3. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm

DORPG ? never seen never heard never played but Wind and Cloud i've made long time ago, i just got back to this site about few days, im planing to make Conquer The World, its everything news and i got the ideas from 5 of korean MMORPG. i still have wind and cloud 2 at 40% done, but lazy to continue the map so i decide to make a fresh one and the last one for wc3 dont know if ill have time but this will take longer than i expect, i think after this map starcraft ghost will be released, if the map will not be done ill quit same as wind and cloud ;)

[please give me the site/address i can download DORPG]

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well welcome back :)

People do still play RPG maps and other stuff but sadly dota still are like (atleast on northrend) about 30% of all games hosted.

Well good luck with your new rpg project, I hope it will be just as good as wind and cloud which I personally loved! :D

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Welcome back Randy. I liked your Wind and Cloud map. People still play DotA but some reason there are times that DotA is not much hosted (Northrend) and you can only see 4 or 5.

-Rui

6. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes

thanks Rage and Rui, this new map im makin ofcourse as great as Wind and Cloud or better than, same as my 1st map Angel Of Death compared to Wind and Cloud, i wish blizz increase the map mb limit so i can make it like real MMORPG game, also im tryin to create 3D camera trigger same like real game mode, but will see about ver. 1.20.. thanks all for welcome me back.

7. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    you said 20% in the other thread! liar :cry: ok dont mind me i was just kidding :wink:

ive never really played Wind and Cloud RPG though. does it have a good save/load system? :wink:

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I apologise, my mistake, its about 20-30%* :p