• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gift Box TC

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
update 05/05/23:
- all geosets merged
- uses new texture
Previews
Contents

Gift Box TC (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very basic, but probably useful model. Shading and shape does not fit wc3 too well.
Same as the other models with too many goesets. You need to fix this.
Also, the geoset animations are faulty. Just adding geoset animations for the sake of having them without knowing how they work is pointless. Decay animation is faulty.
The model looks very out of place and the shading wrong and the chosen texture is bad.
Please fix these issues.

Better then blizz's grand prix and mc's gift boxes, fits wc3 perfectly for myself and have just replaced the default look of an item to this gift box instead.
Thank you, has already proven rather useful.

I have a couple suggestions, like I did with your hammer I darkened the box a little through a modulate layer and then changed your geoset animation a little to include proper decay where the box disappears after a second. I also changed the import path for the texture so it only needs importing instead of editing its path after being imported.

• Item TC
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Change ownership of (Item being manipulated) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

Though item portraits don't change so it'll look like a red box, but works fine as a unit.
Would a custom portrait fix how it looks when viewing it as an item on the ground?
Appears custom portrait doesn't have any effect on items as a drop.
Edit: Fixed it for myself by moving the models camera a bit past and above it so it won't show up anymore on the item portrait.

Attachments

• giftbox2_TC.mdx
    7.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Better then blizz's grand prix and mc's gift boxes, fits wc3 perfectly for myself and have just replaced the default look of an item to this gift box instead.
Thank you, has already proven rather useful.

I have a couple suggestions, like I did with your hammer I darkened the box a little through a modulate layer and then changed your geoset animation a little to include proper decay where the box disappears after a second. I also changed the import path for the texture so it only needs importing instead of editing its path after being imported.

• Item TC
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Change ownership of (Item being manipulated) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

Though item portraits don't change so it'll look like a red box, but works fine as a unit.
Would a custom portrait fix how it looks when viewing it as an item on the ground?
Appears custom portrait doesn't have any effect on items as a drop.
Some of my models are intentionally not disappearing at decay animation, because they are meant to be used as destructibles. This means that the box will stay open when "killed". You're free to use it and edit it however you want as long as you give credit.