• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

getting the height of a doodad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings!

Now I was looking through the interwebs to find a solution to this problem but I did not find anything...

Now, I am creating an rpg map and I got everything right with my camera (meaning no clipping problem in higher areas)
But I still have the problem, that the camera is due to the usage of
JASS:
GetLocationZ()
bound to the terrain... I only use invisible platforms, so if I get the height of the next nearby invisible platform destructible I could easily fix this issue, so

My question, is there a way to get the height of a destructible with Jass?

I tried to use
JASS:
GetDestrutableZ()
but my editor tells me it expects a name, now I have almost no knowledge on the topic of jass so I don't get what that means, but I guess it means that this function is not declared...

Can anyone help me?
pretty please?

Level 4
But the fly over height is constant, or is it?
That means I would have to create a special invisible platform for every height I place them... I don't think that this is a good solution,

BUT I thank you my dear friend!

Level 4
no, actually... for example I use them to make a high bridge passable, (1000 above ground) so the ground is far deeper then the platform... but I will try what you told me earlier, It could solve the problem, it just makes a lot more of work...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Be aware that GetLocationZ does not necessarily return deterministic results. It is a common cause for out of sync errors during multiplayer sessions. You especially need to be careful with destructible that are walkable as it returns the walk height which if animated will be completely local.

If you use it very rarely, consider forcing a synchronization of the result just to be safe. This is not viable for things that run at a high frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.