• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GetMyAdvice (...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So be it. I've decided to feel a bit pain in my ass, making decision to post something at least weekly.

I hope I can get a precise advice how to make my skills better
Otherwise I'll add you to ignore list. I know you don't care, just notice ~^
So, I'll begin with art I have drawn before:

Some attempts to imitate different materials (4/10)
sample_432_.png sample_441.png sample_451_.png sample_471_002_.png sample_473_005.png

Button which were made for 2D-Modelling software for my last project (4/10)

Button1State0.png Button2State0.png Button4State0.png megoeditor_rotate_active_.png megoproga_add_keypoint_active_.png

Icon generator for NY event at XGM.GURU (3/10)

ItemGenerator.png

To be continued...

Please, be as strict as possible!

Level 49
XGM.guru still alive? Art section on forum is blocked ;(

About materials first is ok, glass and metal should have harder reflection. For paper the glance effect should be lowered. Also, for better "paper" look it can have one-two "shade lines" that mean a "stright" parts of a paper on the scroll that has a plain shadow pattern.

Cannot tell anything about modelling tool buttons. About swords i can tell that they are messy and FX are rough, all need more work on them.

Have any fresh stuff?

Level 28
The materials are looking pretty, even though they have the issues pointed by PeeKay. I also feel that the glass of your potion should have a thicker border (like this one for example). It looks like it is made of a very thin glass at the moment, and that isn't good in game. But still they're nice icons.

The swords in the icon generator don't look very good as they're small and 2d. And the colorful effects could be less messy I guess... The solid 3d objects you drew in your other icons definitely look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.