• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Get Level of Buff {ability}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

I have a small problem now. One of my hero has an ability - based on aura called Aura of Dragon Wings. ( The ability has 5 levels )

Now if a unit is under the effect of the aura and is attacked, the unit should get an armor bonus (level 1 = 7 > level 2 = 14 > level 3 = 21 > level 4 = 28 > level 5 = 35)

My problem in now to get the level of the buff of the aura. I got 10 players on the map, which can have all the same hero with different aura levels - so need think about that to.
Or maybe there another way as trying to get the buff level - I don't know

If someone can help me would be really nice - thanks =)

Level 5
If I understand your question correctly,

You need to get the ABILITY level instead, you can't get buff levels, as buff's don't have levels.

If you're using GUI, try playing around in the conditions along the lines of "Integer - Get level of Ability for Unit" . That should solve your problem.

~Gloom

Level 16
Seas =)

Hmm I thought the buffs have levels to. Because if my ability has 5 levels I add 5 buffs - and if I look in-game there always is "Level 1 - Level 2 ... at the buffs".

But anyway - I add different buffs for each level of the ability and get them. Thats works.

Problem was - that the attacked unit has only the buff of the aura not the ability directly.

Anyway I give you +rep "Thanks for answering - try to help useful"
Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.