• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Some very simple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys , I'm wondered about somethings that I've seen in Ultimate WE and JNGP :

1- What are Rects (Should be regions but why not named regions?) ..
2- What are trackables ?
3- I wanna learn JASS , although I hate it . But it's helpful/useful . What's the different between JASS and vJASS ? Where do I start from?

Note : Please don't link any tutorials , I don't learn from them ( yes probably )

Rects and regions are different.
Rects are parallelogram(specifically rectangular) areas. Region consists of one or more rects. The Region in GUI is actually rect in JASS.

Trackables is a very poor handle group made by Blizzard. It is a handle which looks like an destructable. Trackables are used for retrieving mouse evens(click or hover). They are also created just like units or destructables, they specific models, coordinates and facing

Jass is the original programming language for Warcraft 3 maps, it is created by Blizzard.
vJass is a 3rd party language which is Jass but has very advanced features, this is to help the users to code easily. It is created by Vexorian.
You could try learning Jass by going on tutorials, reading/testing natives, using Custom script(which where I learned)

You must learn from tutorials, if you don't learn from them, then you have a problem in comprehending reading materials.

Level 29
3rd party is a reference. it means that is wasnt made by the original creator. it was made by someone else not on the team that created that game either. so 1st party is the creator of the game. 2nd party is the team that helped to create the game and 3rd party is someone that made something for the game that has nothing to do with the 1st or 2nd party

u can try my tutorial converting GUI to efficient jass as it familiarizes u with something u already know. mybe it will help u even tho it is a tutorial.

Level 19
how would that tell u who uses which one.

I have a group of like 5 friends who all use WE (except for one who took a year to get converted to jngp) and whenever their friends ask me, theyre always using WE.

Sure the popular maps use JNGP, but the majority of mappers use WE

Status
Not open for further replies.