1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

General Coil

Submitted by Tumostide
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Tumostide Presents

GENERAL COIL
Created by TUMOSTIDE

Map Info

The battle of mount Hyjal ended with Night elfs victory and the world prosper again.
However, the dreadlords Varimathras, Detheroc and Tichondrius fled to Lordaeron in order to summon a new legion of undead.
But this act was nearly impossible because the humans already gather their forces leaded by Magroth the defender.
On his way to Lordaeron Tichondrius has desovered a powerful artifact benneath Nordrassil, which posses a great power.
Tichondrius used the artifact on a Death Knight, General Coil, making him the most powerful Death knights ever exist.
They were about to begin attack but a few settlements was destroyed by humans and Tichondrius and the others dreadlords went to solve the problem.
Tichondrius ordered Coil not to use his new powers yet, and to wait for their arrival, General Coil disobeyed his orders which drives Tichondrius mad...

Features

• New music
  • 1 Cinematic, 1 Interlude, and 7 Chapters
  • New Skins/ Models
  • New spells

Characters list, Credits and Ghange Log

• Eldin Livermoor [​IMG]
  • General Coil [​IMG]
  • Sylvanas Windrunner [​IMG]
  • Naze the Eternal [​IMG]
  • Tichondrius [​IMG]
  • Nilas [​IMG]
  • Magroth the defender [​IMG]

Credits

Special Thanks:

• DarkRanger Alice
  • My brother Marius Pana

Thanks to :

Models/Skins:

• PeeKay
  • Kuhneghe
  • Sin'Dorei300
  • Telebis
  • 67chrome
  • Tranquil
  • CloudWolf
  • kangyun
  • Saikann
  • Elenai
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • horusrogue
  • Kapca2

Sounds/Buildings:

• SinisterX
  • Mr. bob
  • Blizzard Entertainment

Icons:

• PeeKay
  • General Fran
  • 67Chrome
  • Blizzard Entertainment

Ghange log:

Version 1.2
You can train Frost Wyrm and gargoyle at chapter 3
Grammar mistakes solved
Sylvanas soundset, changed
New model of Sylvanas
General Coil, Sylvanas and Eldin have new spells
Some bugs are solved and I added new screenshots

Also thanks to:

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Previews
Contents

General Coil (Campaign)

Reviews
Paillan
Description is extremely lacking, there's no info aside from "death knight something something, Tichondrius something something". What are the origins of this guy? were is the campaign played? how many scenarios are there? The campaign preview is......
Wardota2 Gamer
-camera placement needs to be fixed -your dialogs are awfawl need to be fixed -the names of the chapter are not specific with the chapter need to be fixed -your discription is lacking -General Coil is not a very good name for you campgain I recommend...
deepstrasz
[ATTACH] (forgot about this) Rename the file to what the campaign is supposed to be named not to cool campaign.w3n. Play music through its proper channel not the one for sound. [spoiler] It's an alternate part RoC with no real custom material. Set...
  1. Regeneration

Regeneration

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cinematic was good. Gameplay was meh 3/5

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you

3. Regeneration

Regeneration

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I would have to rate the cinematic only, I would give it a 4,5/5*. Decent voice actor for Coil would be badass.
    I advice you to fix basic things first like real tooltips with text and hotkey visibility. Also some unnecessary grammar mistakes which can easily be avoided
    if you let someone read it and correct for you. I'm sure here are enough people who would do that.

4. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, thank you for letting me know about this, and yeah I know, my English it's poor. I will try to improve it.

5. Radstrieka

Radstrieka

Resources:
    Resources:
    This campaign interested me and I was enjoying playing it but on chapter 3 it bugged.

6. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Decided to play this the other day, since I am banned from multiplayer :/

Main points-
    Your first 2 maps were excellent examples of how non-base building maps should be--- Short. These kinds of maps in general tend to be the most at risk of becoming boring during campaigns. Because of the small map size for the village/dungeon (map1/2), they were still fun and stimulating, and I enjoyed them. An opposite example is your last map (looking for the body), where except some interesting dialogue about Anub'arak which made me want to know about what happened between the nerubians and the undead, the rest of the map was a long, long, grind.

As for base building maps, Silvermoon's defence was a lot of fun, as well as the one where you fight Magroth the defender (though would be nice if ally team attacked more often).
    Problems I found with base building maps-(with the exception of the Silver-moon defence mission)- they all became extremely frustrating.

In general, the fact that the AI did not actually have peasants mining made it feel like I was fighting just waves of armies that were spawned by triggers. The bases were not "bases", they were just buildings that operated independent of each other. I know that most AI do not rely on peasants mining gold/lumber, since they get resources through triggers normally, but without them it just doesn't' feel like I am fighting a real person (which maps' AI should try to aspire to).

Specifically--
    Map 03's brown team did not send anything, except a hero occasionally, the pathing entering the main Magroth Defender base for the south and east entrance only allowed me to fit basically 1 unit at a time, which makes it hard to siege, especially when their hero is so strong.
    The Ticondrius mission was really frustrating, since there was no way to siege the enemy base due to Tichondrius' powerful spells, so was forced to mainly defend and then try to sneak attacks on the dreadlord heroes.
    The dalaran mission had too much space in between the player base and the enemy bases in the west.

The story became quite interesting, though the first cinematic gave me the impression I would not enjoy the campaign at all due to the way the humans/coil interacted (just first impression, I didn't quit and found I enjoyed it a lot by the end of the campaign).

Hope to see Part 2.

7. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm really happy that you enjoyed my campaign, I know that it has a lot of bugs, in time i will fix em. Well it has a lot of bugs because I'm not a skilled campaign maker, I'm a biginner but i'm very pleased to hear that you liked it, Thank you. OH and there is a link with part 2 its a demo by the way [Campaign] - Eldin's Disobidience

8. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for letting me know about that, and thank you for playing it.

9. conde

conde

Resources:
    Resources:
    history was entertaining. 5/5
    the game was good. 4/5
    i need next campaign.

10. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you sir :)

11. Edusx

Edusx

Resources:
    Resources:
    the campaign is incomplete so it would be difficult to qualify.

I liked it at least as you described Coil.

12. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Somewhere it has to be ilegal to be this powerful. Coil is probably the most overpowered character I've ever seen, able to summon a host of demons and Infernals with a snap of his fingers. The story is simple with a very poor grammar, clumsy dialogues, lacks proper character depth and most people have the mind of a child.

In the story, Coil is the most powerful Death Knight and he's not hesitant to let anyone know that even after Tichondrius steals his ability to summon demons at will (I personally find it odd that he never talks about other Death Knights or has a partner to help him out given his awful abilities). After that you are given a set of odd abilities for a Death Knight to have that have no synergy with Coil and offer a weird play-style. Coil's poor mana pool, lack of items + hidden tomes + quest rewards throughout the Missions are a serious handicap; the only way I could make use of Coil was if I stocked up on potions and completely ignored items overall.

The relationship between Coil and Eldin is weird at the very least. I noted that Eldin was hesitant(?) when he planned on releasing Coil from his dungeon and expected a cold-shoulder treatment and reluctant collaboration in the dungeons but they bonded almost instantly after going on a killing spree; in the end they were best buddies. The part where I flipped was where Eldin allowed Coil to use the Sunwell to fill himself up even though he knew nothing that could have happened if Coil tampered with it (I was honestly expecting a betrayal and see Coil enslave elves as Undead) and the coup de grace was when Eldin built a statue to Coil in the end.

Overall I grade this Campaign with a 2.3/5. The missions are fairly challenging, the maps are entertaining, the cinematics are well made (the best one is with Coil vs Tichondrious). Unfortunately, it's pulled down by everything else such as: plot holes, unexplained information, rushed story, lack of character fleshing and rewards to build yourself up throughout the Campaign's action. A decently good start but it needed a LOT of polish before it was officially released.

13. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you.

14. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I find the story iffy. Why use Warcraft names and places when the plot goes completely offtrack?

Death Bolt uses Carrion Swarm's tooltip in the description but not when learning. Also, why give a more expensive and less effective version of the Waves spell?

Magroth should not have a scepter of healing, he heals all the way back to full with Divine Shield.

Why does Sylvanas have three autocasts?

Frozen Heart:
    Starting units (Crypt Fiend, Necromancer...) are considered different units than trained units.
    Tichondrius' FoD can hit heroes.
    Got a game crash, not sure why.
    Two bugs: one where combat sounds are heard at full volume even if the fighting is happening on the other side of the map, and one where Infernal lose all burning parts of their body (so they look like floating rocks in the shape of a headless human).
    When attacking a one of the dreadlords, projectiles no longer show up for some reason and some model parts disappear (a Spirit Tower looked like a Ziggurat).

End cutscene: camera work was good, but the duel itself should at least have Coil throwing spells. Also, why the different terrain between the previous level and this one?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  15. Tumostide

Tumostide

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, I appreciate that you played my campaign and letting me know about this, but I must say that this is my first campaign and I don't have experience, and this is all what i can do at this moment plus my english is not so good. Again, thank you for playing my campaign.

16. Againstallodds

Againstallodds

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am sorry to say that i found the campaing a bit boring (the little portion of which i played). There were a lot of things that i found discouraging. I guess a lot of things were pointed out already from other members so i wont bother repeating them. I tried to continue but game crushed on me on the second quest. I wont continue and i guess it wont be fair to rate this.