• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coil

Another of my older maps I chose to revitalise and upload.

The concept is simple: Players are divided into 2 teams of up to 4 players. Each team has a goal area, and each player has 3 unit production buildings.

Players spawn units from the production buildings which will appear in their teams goal and attempt to move to the other players goal (ala maul). The scoring is that of a TD, where each team has lives, and loses lives when a unit enters the goal.

The money system is the opposite of Maul rules. You gain no income from spawning units, but gain income from killing enemy units. This is to avoid the spamming of low level creeps for money which potentially lags the game, and to add a bit more strategy to the game.

Again, I dont often have the joy of testing online, but from what I have tested of it people enjoyed (aside from the "Parasite" units which were massivelly overpowered, but have since been weakened greatly).
Contents

Coil (Map)

Reviews
panther-anthro: Great concept, easy to understand, and very fun! I really liked the diversity of units that you could pick from, and how the income system worked. Good work. It could use more polish in the form of some color codes, or a quests menu of...

M

panther-anthro: Great concept, easy to understand, and very fun! I really liked the diversity of units that you could pick from, and how the income system worked. Good work. It could use more polish in the form of some color codes, or a quests menu of some sort.

I give this map a 7 out of 10.