• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gathering a team for Sonic Saga 1.06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm in the process of gathering a team for the update to Sonic Saga 1.06 that I'm developing. Anyone who's interested should post here. The most recent version is here if anyone wants to see it. http://www.wc3sear.ch/p=Maps&ID=3256
The following posistions are open.
1. Modeller (custom made is highly favorable but geosets and poly editers are fine. Someone who can animate is prefered but I don't mind.)
2. Skinner
3. Triggerer: Basically, this role is one of an advisor for any questions (most likely about cinematics and camera control) I might have.
4. Spell Maker
Thank you in advance.

Level 3
sonic! :p
I would like to help but i only know how to trigger and iam limmited on triggers too cause iam trying too learn stuff with em, maybe i can join to help the team and to help me learn more bout triggers cause i will be dedicated to making the map
oh and btw the link dont work for me :(

Level 5
-I'd be happy to have you tag along with the team.
-If the link doesn't work, try going to the map section and type the word Sonic in the search bar. If you want to learn triggers, you should open up my map and read some of them. They're (mostly) categorized based on their function and there is a brief description of what the trigger does in the commentary. I did all of this in order to produce a good teaching tool for newbie map makers so they can learn some of the ways the WE works. Note: 1.06 has more categories for more efficient trigger distribution.

Level 2
Mr. Clean said:
I'm in the process of gathering a team for the update to Sonic Saga 1.06 that I'm developing. Anyone who's interested should post here. The most recent version is here if anyone wants to see it. http://www.wc3sear.ch/p=Maps&ID=3256
The following posistions are open.
1. Modeller (custom made is highly favorable but geosets and poly editers are fine. Someone who can animate is prefered but I don't mind.)
2. Skinner
3. Triggerer: Basically, this role is one of an advisor for any questions (most likely about cinematics and camera control) I might have.
4. Spell Maker
Thank you in advance.
Hmmm..sounds pretty cool, I guess I'll be in the team, I can probably work on the map for about 30 minutes to 2 hours a day. I can model (geosets only.), I can probably skin, but not so good skins, because I've never made a skin before, but I have photoshop :D I am a good triggerer and I can make spells,but not so complicated spells and trigger spells.
Hold on, I'm gonna download your old version and play it,brb

Level 5
-I think it might be possible to make a Tails model by geoseting an extra tail to a gnoll (with the crossbow) and making the skin. The skin could probably be made with a good looking recolor and a CnP of the tail's skin to the extra tail. Rouge could be done with a good recolor of the blue succubus skin.
-I have a few questions for you.
1. Can you animate models?
2. How good are you with cinematics?
3. How familiar are you with Sonic Adventure 2? (You'll see what I mean when you open the map and look under the cutscenes I've got.)

Level 2
Mr. Clean said:
-I think it might be possible to make a Tails model by geoseting an extra tail to a gnoll (with the crossbow) and making the skin. The skin could probably be made with a good looking recolor and a CnP of the tail's skin to the extra tail. Rouge could be done with a good recolor of the blue succubus skin.
-I have a few questions for you.
1. Can you animate models?
2. How good are you with cinematics?
3. How familiar are you with Sonic Adventure 2? (You'll see what I mean when you open the map and look under the cutscenes I've got.)
1.no
2.pretty good if I take my time
3. Really familiar, I've beaten sonic adventure dx, sonic adventure 2, sonic advance and sonic heroes

Level 6
I'd be happy to join the crew...

I'd be happy to join the crew, im familiar with just about every Sonic game ever made...

And i even made a few non-warcraft sonic games =D...

And as for experience?

Modeling - Um..dont really know how so no!

Cinematics - Boo ya! Yep!

Triggers - Give me a whoooo! Yep triggers is my game.

Skinner - Err....no?

Spell Editor - OOOoooOOo yep!

Level 1
if you want me to join read my message

hi if you want me to join pls tell me what your doing and ill see if i want to join if your making a map then pls tell me what it is about and what you do in it and yea i already know its some sonic thing. 8)

Level 5
-My apologies for not answering the latest replies. Here's a progress update.
1. The upgrade tech tree has been re-worked. (Every player still has access to all the upgrades via their upgrade building.) Sonic and Shadow now use the same upgrades. Tails and Gamma use the same weapon upgrades. Tails, Vector, and Charmy now use the same armor upgrade. The weapon upgrades for Tikal are now the same as the Knuckles/Cream tech tree (Cheese uses it in the later case). The Knuckles armor upgrade is now shared by Chaos. Amy has her own weapon upgrade path. Gamma has his own armor upgrade path. Vector, Charmy, and Chaos now share a weapon upgrade path. Amy, Cream, and Tikal now share their armor tech tree.
2. I'm currently working on an imitation of the puzzle found in Hot Shelter Zone (Amy's version). I'll need some help getting this puzzle to work.
3. I'm considering setting up some triggers that inflict handicaps on enemy units depending on how may players are in the game. Credit goes to VG for this idea I read in his very inspiring post on the do's and dont's of map making.
4. The Chao Garden mini games (small and simple) are almost finished. All I need to do is to start hunting down bugs and fix them.
5. I'm considering the idea of creating codes that will allow players to play variant versions of all staring characters. (Play version 1.05 to see the basic character.) I'll need some help in this department. If you have any ideas, submit them in this format. As of now, I have ideas for a Tails varient that focuses on his mechanic skills via making robots and mechs, a gun toting Shadow variant that gives up attack power for range, and a Amy melee variant (strength hero) that gives up some healing skills, mana, and intelligence for some offensive skill, hp, and strength.
Character:
Theme:
Stat Changes: (- some stats, + some stats. Make sure the total number of hp/mana and str/agl/int, and total number of stat points remains the same)
Spells: 3 hero skills, 1 ultimate skill, and 1 non-hero skills. (You may keep some of the base skills if you want)
-If everything goes right, the absolute earliest day I can release the map is 11/15/05. This bit of trivia is just for fun. "What is the significance of this release date?"

Status
Not open for further replies.