• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gate skin requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
To any skinners who may be interested:

I'm making a dungeon / mazey sort of map called "Labyrinth," and, as many such maps go, the terrain is pretty simplistic but it does feature a lot of keys and gates and such.

That said, I was wondering if anyone might be interested in skinning some of the basic Blizzard gates to make them look less... basic and Blizzardy.

Specifically, I have 5 gates in mind (4 that need skinning).

The first is a Sun Gate, which I'm thinking could look a lot like the current Demonic Gate, except featuring a sun image in place of the existing lion's head. Something like this (though without the face):

11954238771564788701johnny_automatic_sun_woodcut.svg.hi.png

The second is a Moon Gate, for which I'm just using the basic Night Elf Gate, which works well enough.

The third is a Skull Gate, which would be like the Sun Gate but with a skull depicted, basic skull, nothing fancy.

The fourth is a Blood Gate, which would be like the Sun and Skull Gates but with a depiction of blood in the middle, something simple but recognizable such as the blood drop seen in these two icons:

icons_632_btn.jpg
icons_7641_btn.jpg

The final gate is a Spirit Gate, like the previous gates but with a ghost or spirit depicted, something like this (though in a ghostly hue of blue or purple):

icons_7828_btn.jpg

So you get the idea, basically something simple, iconic, easily recognizable, and in the style of the existing gates. Of course you can get creative with it if you want, but the most important thing is that it be very clear what it is, and if you can make it beautiful as well that's just icing on the cake.

Would anyone be interested in helping out on this sort of thing?

Thanks very much,
The Hegemuffin

Status
Not open for further replies.