• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diagonal gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I would like to request a shrinked version of the blizzard's standard Diagonal gate(Loarderon summer version), so that in X and Y it is shrinked to 67% of original length(should correspond to exact length of vertical/horizontal gate when rotated, but scale the Z only to like 85% or something that seems fitting(I dont know the exact height of the vertical/horizontal gate, but I would like it to be that big)(this is estimate).

If possible, I would actually like the gate to have the exact same height, width and length as the vertical/horizontal gate

I could've rolled with the gate with maximum and minimum scale set to .67, but I want the gate to actually be building, not destructable, and on top of that if I scale it to .67 it is too small on Z axis(too low height, you could barely fit knight through).

One another argument would be to just make it unit, give it the vertical/horizontal model, rotate it and set it to building, but I want to replace the gate with dead counterpart in-game for which this method is insufficient.

I hope this is not so hard to do, seems rather simple to experienced modeller, but then again, I have exactly 1 modelling experience(removing something on the model :D), so I dont want to make wrong estimates.

Thank you for your time

Image of downscaled gate:

As you can see, the smaller gate is the downscaled one, and it is quite lower than the original gate, but rotated to the same angle
attachment.php

EDIT: seems this wont be needed and I Will have to come up with alternative
Still relevant request

Attachments

• gatetadtoobig.png
    gatetadtoobig.png
    609.7 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.