• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrisoning in a mine help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I want a worker to build a mining building without a town hall (like the undead haunted mine) but i also want five workers to garrison inside to produce resources instead of outside (like the night elves) can any one think of any this can be done?

I've done some testing on the goldmines in order to get them to work in the way you want them to.

Here are my results:
The Gather/Harvest abilities only work with their proper race. Humans can not gather from Haunted Goldmines, even if they have the ability to do so, same goes to Entangled Goldmines. This applies to the other races aswell of course.

Creating a haunted goldmine and then replace it after construction will result in a displaced additional goldmine.
Instead of replacing using Chaos ability will result in a 0 Gold goldmine and cannot be changed.

Entangled Goldmines cannot be built on goldmines.

In order to cast the Entangle Goldmine ability from Tree of Life the casting unit has to be rooted.

Solution:
Use advanced triggers to simulate the harvesting.

I have some ideas on how you COULD get it to work without too much triggers but the main problem is you cannot BUILD entangled goldmines. With that I mean, peasant is standing there hammering the goldmine and if he stops, the construction progress stops aswell. You can however make it so that the peasant does not have to stand next to it or the entangled goldmine is finished instantly.

Level 11
Yes that can work as well. I already made the mining system for my map and you can get gold 2 different ways:
-mine with 5 workers normally like humans/orcs
-build a mine that costs resources that gets you 6 worker slots with the undead style

Btw, is that for that project you use battalion system? Yes

I'm feeling generous today so every one gets a rep point on this post :D

Oh and Mechanical Man, ill be using your cannon and battering ram if you don't mind (credits in quest menu)

Status
Not open for further replies.