• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Games Workshop's DungeonQuest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello folks, perhaps some of you remember the game "Dungeonquest" released in the 1980's by Games workshop. (It was re-released in 2010 by Fantasy Flight games)
Several months ago after aquiring a copy, I proceeded to translate it onto computer for my own personal use as its easier than risking damaging the components by playing it. (They are cardboard peices 25 years old) as a Warcrat 3 map.
This is now finished, however because of games workshop's IP policy it cannot be published to share with any of you.
According to games workshops IP policy:

"Out of Production Games
We frequently get requests from the older hobbyists out there to make computer versions of our old games - some of you out there will remember games like Blockmania, Chainsaw Warrior and indeed Talisman from many years ago, and a lot of those that do remember them very fondly indeed. There are three good reasons why we cannot allow this - one of which is simply that it will necessarily make use of our copyright in ways that are not permitted anywhere else in this document. Secondly, providing a system for playing the game on the internet effectively means that you could play the game without having ever bought it originally, which therefore devalues Games Workshop products as outlined above. Finally, as with Talisman, it may be that we decide to revisit some of these games at some time in the future to create a better, updated version for all."

However, They do allow "Total conversions" :
Modifications, Total Conversions, and Games

"We want people to express their enjoyment of our games with as little interference from us as possible, as long as they behave reasonably with our IP and follow any reasonable requests that we may make. We are not inherently opposed to hobbyists creating games or mods using our IP, in fact we are flattered that people want to spend so much time creating games and mods in the GW universes.

If you want to make a game, TC or a mod using our IP you must adhere to the following (in addition to the general principles as outlined above):

Any game or mod must be a "total conversion." In other words, you must not use our intellectual property (logos, images, names etc.) in relation to the worlds, names, logos, or images of any other company. For example, you cannot place our Space Marines in a Disney total conversion using the Unreal engine, but you could make a TC solely using Space Marines with the Unreal engine. This is, of course, assuming that you have permission to use the Unreal engine."

Therefore, if any artists are intrested in re-doign all the games workshop graphics, i.e all the cards, dungeon tiles and so on, I'd consider modding the game enough to actually be something else and share it.
I'm no artists myself and lack the ability to redraw the cards and such well enough without violating someone elses copyright!
If your intrested in redrawing them send me a PM, I warn you though, theres a lot of them(!)

Attachments

• dq copy.jpg
    dq copy.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 363
  • dq2 copy.jpg
    dq2 copy.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 426
  • dq8 copy.jpg
    dq8 copy.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 407
  • dq7 copy.jpg
    dq7 copy.jpg