• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay Constants Hero Dependency Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Gameplay Constants->Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero is limited to about 50 heroes i think.
Is there any way to remove that limit?

I'm talking about an altered melee map, with many heroes.
I've added all of the to techtree dependency, except 4 of them.
Now these 4 heroes can be trained only 1 time, they have requirements set, but you can train all 4 heroes without needing to upgrade the town hall.

I repeat this has nothing to do about requirements or triggers, this is about Gameplay Constants limiting.
Is there any way to remove that limit?
Thx for your answer

Level 30
Please explain more dearly,

"I've added all of the to techtree dependency, except 4 of them." - you added all of your custom heroes and removed the original 4 heroes of depending race?

"Now these 4 heroes can be trained only 1 time, they have requirements set, but you can train all 4 heroes without needing to upgrade the town hall.

I repeat this has nothing to do about requirements or triggers, this is about Gameplay Constants limiting.
" - so what kind of requirements are you actually requesting?

but in a logical way, just go to "Object Editor" scroll down its tab where you will see this line of statement called "Techtree - Requirements - Tier[1-9]" just remove all of its requiring buildings so that you don't need to upgrade your town hall from building up your tier to get your specific hero.

and about your custom hero limitation, I'm afraid you have to work with triggers, even if you already added them to Dependency Equivalents[ON GAMEPLAY CONSTANTS], you will still end up buying unlimited training of your custom heroes. so just thinker this code:

• Limit Heroes
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Limit training of Finn the Human to 1 for (Picked player)
          • Player - Limit training of Twilight Sparkle (woh) to 1 for (Picked player)
          • Player - Limit training of Ralle (woh) to 1 for (Picked player)

Last edited:
Level 6
man, you try that and see what happens.
i'll tell you what happens: you won't be able to train more than 1 units of that type but you can still train another hero without upgrading the town hall.
next reply pls!

Level 30
facepalm2.jpg

Have you even TRIED reading all of my comments from above? anyways since the answer is way too opened already, here's a sample map, enjoy

Attachments

• HERO LIMIT.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 167
Level 6
wow...
let's try this another way, let's do this in steps.
1. make custom hero
2. trigger him to be able to trained only once
3. ADD HIM TO GAMEPLAY CONSTATNS -> DEPENDENCY HERO CHECK

for the last time, GAMEPLAY CONSTATNS -> DEPENDENCY HERO CHECK has a limit!!!!!!!!!

try to add 100 units/heroes there see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 12
Hum, the simpliest method would be to hold shift while editing the field : it should remove the limit but you have to write the unit-type ids by hand.

A 2nd method is to download this .slk file, put it in your Warcraft III directory and restart the editor. I didn't test but it should set the limit to 10000 unit-types.

EDIT : I can't upload .slk files so I renamed it "MiscMetaData.txt". You have to change the extension to .slk in order to make it work.

EDIT 2 : I just remembered that, some times ago, I made a similar file for a friend and it bugged a bit (some strings were replaced by "TRIGSTR_..." in-game). He got ride of the bug by editing the "war3mapMisc.txt" once to restore the good strings and then he was able to use my file without any bug.
So I recommend you to make a backup of your map if you use my file, in case the same kind of thing happens.

Attachments

• MiscMetaData.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 199
Level 6
1. holding shift then edit the field doesn't work
2. don't know where to put the .slk file because if i put it in the warcraft folder nothing happens
3. i fixed by editing the war3mapMisc.txt file from within the map with and mpq editor ( adding heroes ids )

Level 14
Hum, the simpliest method would be to hold shift while editing the field : it should remove the limit but you have to write the unit-type ids by hand.

A 2nd method is to download this .slk file, put it in your Warcraft III directory and restart the editor. I didn't test but it should set the limit to 10000 unit-types.

EDIT : I can't upload .slk files so I renamed it "MiscMetaData.txt". You have to change the extension to .slk in order to make it work.

EDIT 2 : I just remembered that, some times ago, I made a similar file for a friend and it bugged a bit (some strings were replaced by "TRIGSTR_..." in-game). He got ride of the bug by editing the "war3mapMisc.txt" once to restore the good strings and then he was able to use my file without any bug.
So I recommend you to make a backup of your map if you use my file, in case the same kind of thing happens.

Hello Tirlititi, it seems my problem has led me to this problem. I have absolutely similarly problem to this, can you help me out plz. +Rep right way. Oh , and here is my thread about this:
Limit training number of heroes without using "Dependency Equivalents - Hero".

Level 14
The file is fortunatly still available to download. Just take it, rename it, put it in your W3 folder and restart the editor.
I don't know if MiscMetaData.slk was modified in the last patch but I doubt it.

Unrelated pro-tip: you shouldn't rely on a member who has posted only 3 times in the past two years :goblin_boom:

:D Pro tip is pro tip, i got that. However, the .slk file is not working at all. Nothing change, and the problem still remained when i opened the manager and added 1 more hero name in the end (still lose when click OK)

Note: I use last patch of Warcraft 3: 1.27d

Level 12
Ah.

I don't have W3 installed anymore (not on my current PC at least) so I can't test things to see how to remove that limit. It must be written somewhere though...

I'm afraid Kaijyuu gave you the only way to do it properly if you can't find where that limit lies: edit the generated .slk with your bare hands and import it back to your map.http://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/kaijyuu.111132/

Level 14
Ah.

I don't have W3 installed anymore (not on my current PC at least) so I can't test things to see how to remove that limit. It must be written somewhere though...

I'm afraid Kaijyuu gave you the only way to do it properly if you can't find where that limit lies: edit the generated .slk with your bare hands and import it back to your map.

Then what should i do in order to import slk file and how to edit it, you know, i'm not familiar with this edit thing

Level 12
You need two programs:
1) A MPQ manager to extract the file ; look in the Tools section of Hive but I suggest either WinMPQ either MPQ Master.
2) A spreadsheet editor, like Excel, compatible with the .slk format (there's also the solution of modifying the .slk with a notepad though it's not convenient).

With the MPQ manager, open your map (it's actually a MPQ archive) and extract the MetaData related file. I don't remember if it's a copy of the game's SLK or if it's an add-on file in .txt format.
Either way, you should see a field for the list of heroes (the IDs of the units considered as heroes for the hero counter). Modify it as you please.
Finally, re-import the file using Worldedit's importation tool. You should use the same name and path as the one it used when you extracted it.

Level 14
You need two programs:
1) A MPQ manager to extract the file ; look in the Tools section of Hive but I suggest either WinMPQ either MPQ Master.
2) A spreadsheet editor, like Excel, compatible with the .slk format (there's also the solution of modifying the .slk with a notepad though it's not convenient).

With the MPQ manager, open your map (it's actually a MPQ archive) and extract the MetaData related file. I don't remember if it's a copy of the game's SLK or if it's an add-on file in .txt format.
Either way, you should see a field for the list of heroes (the IDs of the units considered as heroes for the hero counter). Modify it as you please.
Finally, re-import the file using Worldedit's importation tool. You should use the same name and path as the one it used when you extracted it.
Thank you very much but i have found the better way to limit heroes without those troublesome Constant Gameplay. In fact, it is much better.

Edit: I tried your method but when I opened the map again, a new error appeared. I used MPQ master to open the file and see only two .txt files named: war3mapSkin and war3Misc are accessible, in which war3Misc mentions something about Constant Gameplay, I tried adding Hero ID to that but it doesnot work. I think MetaData slk must be somewhere, open by another method cause i did see any of .slk files in this.

Last edited:
Level 6
Thank you very much but i have found the better way to limit heroes without those troublesome Constant Gameplay. In fact, it is much better.

Edit: I tried your method but when I opened the map again, a new error appeared. I used MPQ master to open the file and see only two .txt files named: war3mapSkin and war3Misc are accessible, in which war3Misc mentions something about Constant Gameplay, I tried adding Hero ID to that but it doesnot work. I think MetaData slk must be somewhere, open by another method cause i did see any of .slk files in this.

Hi Uregret, I come from the future xd and I would like to know what is the process you did to remove this limit.

Last edited:
Level 25
Hi, this is a very old thread but now I have the same issue and this is the only thread that was shown to me. Is there any solution? What happens if I manually make the hero types available and unavailable with triggers? Does it have any effect on a hero missing from that list? Does he/she get less XP or some other disadvantages?

I have no issue with solving this via triggers but I am concerned that the heroes will get disadvantages somewhere else.

Level 6
Hi, this is a very old thread but now I have the same issue and this is the only thread that was shown to me. Is there any solution? What happens if I manually make the hero types available and unavailable with triggers? Does it have any effect on a hero missing from that list? Does he/she get less XP or some other disadvantages?

I have no issue with solving this via triggers but I am concerned that the heroes will get disadvantages somewhere else.
Hi Barade i fix this problem, I will tell you more in detail in a few hours, but basically the trick is to remove all the new heroes from the constants and each time a player acquires one of these heroes, he gets and loses a dummy hero who is in the game's constants.

Status
Not open for further replies.