• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Game Set Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, so I am well aware that there's already an old thread that was solved several years ago but it still felt unclear to me, especially since it didn't take into account the up and coming reforged.

So here it is: I'm currently making a map with which I intend to use every single unit in the game (Both for the sake of variety as well as showcasing everything that reforged has to offer regarding its new models). So, rather than making 800 custom units I decided to just edit the current ones. Now I've heard that setting the game set data to current patch may alter standard unit data and thus alter anything I edit in accordance to whatever the newest patch may introduce (e.g the upcoming changes to unholy frenzy for example). So the question is, would it be wiser for me to set it to patch 1.07 TFT (In order to keep all the data static so I don't have to keep altering the fields with every new patch) or would it be better to set it to the current patch and just make a ton of custom units? I think the former thread also mentioned that even if its a custom unit, unmodified fields will still be altered though that is one of the aspects that is still unclear to me.

Also, I don't know how much reforged and its patches are going to affect the current way of doing things with the editor, so maybe that will also affect which data set I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.