• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Game instantly ends on my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi fellow world editors.
I'm having trouble with me and my friend's new map project.

In the begining of the game you're supposed to select a Mercenary Camp and buy a Hero.
Problem is that as soon as you select the Mercenary Camp the game ends.
Just like that.
No warning, error messages etc.
Just ends.

Could anyone search the map and try to find why it just stops?
Herohills Isle 1.04 - Uploaded in Pastebin, will disapear if no one watch it within a week.

Please don't leave comment on the map, it was started a week ago and I'm trying to get my newbie friend to stop making new units
(I always have to clean up his mess).

Level 10
team 2s mercinary camp works, and the team 1 camp works when there are no units in it so one of your custom units is tripping somthing in the map. Did you use world editor unlimited or any other advanced editors?

The mystic is causeing the crash ok to fix delete the dependincy equivalent, casues crash becasue u have a unit equivalent to a spell.

and it works i have tested so i hope it helps you :)
decent map btw except you need to unrig the metamorphosis on the mystic because he can re use it 50 million times and get 9999999 hp xD and a few tool tips here and there but other then that nice work :)

Level 10
Acording to my friend, it's a special Hero called Mystic that crashes the game, although the reason is unkown.
The problem is [Solved] now, but I don't know what the source of this problem is.
I think I'll take a look at it, if I have time. Which I almost never have.

and it works i have tested so i hope it helps you :)
decent map btw except you need to unrig the metamorphosis on the mystic because he can re use it 50 million times and get 9999999 hp xD and a few tool tips here and there but other then that nice work :)

This map is faaaaaaaaar from done, but I appreciate your feedback.
The main idea of this is from my newbie friend (btw he calls himself Alexsaur), and I'm doing all the triggers, descriptions, bugfix and that smothing of the map.
That is why I said I always have to clean up after him.
However he's very ambitious, and I think that you'll some time in the future see its release.
But that will take a long time since I'm a busy student and I'm the only guy he knows who works with World Editor.

Oh and that metamorphosis spell is very special, I've only managed to make a similar spell work once.
I'll have to read about it in the Tutorials section.

Level 9
There are situations when a spell is customize will crash the game, you just need to remember which and advoid doing it in the future, there is ways around it but no way to "fix" it because its the bug within the game itself.

Level 10
ty for restating what I've been trying and all the other people that found the solution have been trying to tell metaknight. And that spell you are making is going to take a lot of thought/time. I'm sure you will get it sometime; it will look cool when all the bugs are worked out of the spell.

Um wtf i hit edit and i 2 posted sory everyone could a mod either kill the top one or merge them?

Level 10
ty for restating what I've been trying and all the other people that found the solution have been trying to tell metaknight. And that spell you are making is going to take a lot of thought/time. I'm sure you will get it sometime; it will look cool when all the bugs are worked out of the spell.

Um wtf i hit edit and i 2 posted sory everyone could a mod either kill the top one or merge them?

Status
Not open for further replies.