• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Game crashing with imported icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I imported these icons but when i open the game and i select a unit with the icon the game crashes. I have way more icons like this and i don't know what the problem is. I converted it from jpeg to tga.

And in the editor the icons preview as blank.

Attachments

• BTNDemo.tga
    12.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DISBTNDemo.tga
    4.5 KB · Views: 59
  • BTNengi.tga
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DISBTNengi.tga
    3.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
thought icons also worked in tga.
This is true for StarCraft II which is a lot less fussy about the formats it takes. WC3 however only accepts .blp icons of a certain resolution.

For icons with simple colour schemes, consider using colour compression rather than jpeg for best results. They may seem larger but they often compress better in the map archive.

Level 3
Try this, import your icon and export immidiately as blp.

As i stated before i'm working on a mac. I normally work on a pc but since its broken on a mac now. This is not for mac

{EDIT}
This is true for StarCraft II which is a lot less fussy about the formats it takes. WC3 however only accepts .blp icons of a certain resolution.

For icons with simple colour schemes, consider using colour compression rather than jpeg for best results. They may seem larger but they often compress better in the map archive.

So how do i get it into blp then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Well you could run some windows emulator on your osX system which would then allow you to run it.

Additionally you could try making your own porter for osX.

Well I'm not good in coding, I will just wait when till I get my pc back to working.

Thanks for helping anyways and +rep to everyone who helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.