• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Game cache for multi-player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've started a project that's a lot of RPG maps. Players are supposed to travel by reaching the edge of the map or using a ship if the location is overseas. They should appear in the right position in the next map(like coming from south they appear in the south edge of the map)
My question: does game cache work well with multiple player characters or there might be some issues?

(I had the map quit to the main game menu when I wanted to travel but that'S just because I just don't understand game cache perfectly)

The game cache is supposed to save dungeons and bosses(killed or living), quests, gold and the pets if the Hero has any(their number and unit of the pet).
Here's the save trigger, it only saves 1 player yet.

And here's the loading trigger in the next map. If there's no saved units, it will start the character creation in starting zones.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My question: does game cache work well with multiple player characters or there might be some issues?
Game cache does not work for persistent storage in multiplayer games. For that you will need a file I/O based save/load system.

One also cannot force players to change maps in multiplayer. They will have to quit the existing game, host a new one and start that.

Status
Not open for further replies.