• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galaxy Editor Epic Fail !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hiho,

today i just wanted to go on developing my RPG map.
after i finished my new system for the target window i noticed a new epic fail of the editor...

socrpgoverviewerror.jpg

as you can see im slightly above the 2mb limit of the new and "great" editor.

and this is the result of it...

socrpgerror.jpg

i can still save my map.
but as long as the non-compressed value of the triggers is above the 2mb limit i can not play it.
this is very sad if you think about the fact that blizzard said that we are able to have more than tousand triggers in a map without any problems.
as you can see in the first screenshot i have exactly 21 triggers while about 9 or 10 are not active!

as long as blizzard does not fix this really extreme epic fail i won't go on develop any other maps.
with the current limit i would not be even able to make small maps like line tower wars or something like that!!

Robbepop

Level 17
It never said that the limit is 2mb..
I have 1.26mb (not compressed) of triggers, and i still get the very same problem.
Another thing i should mention is that this happened the MINUTE after i installed the new patch yesterday. And every time i try to load a map i get an error telling me that it cant read the map info or something like that. This is probably a bug with the new patch and does not have anything to do with limits.

2,337 posts x)

Level 6
It never said that the limit is 2mb..
I have 1.26mb (not compressed) of triggers, and i still get the very same problem.
Another thing i should mention is that this happened the MINUTE after i installed the new patch yesterday. And every time i try to load a map i get an error telling me that it cant read the map info or something like that. This is probably a bug with the new patch and does not have anything to do with limits.

i talked with robbe today and it seems like it was the map description, not the limit. there seems to be some bug since 12.

i have 2.4mb of triggers and can play.

Level 17
Yes. Infact, that map started to work for me after that i fixed player settings. Becouse after the patch, everytime i loaded a map with 16 players, it reseted the settings.

So no, it is not a Galaxy Editor Epic Fail, it is an Epic Fail on blizzards part.

Level 6
there IS a limit in the GE, its proven and can be easily reproduced by creating large 4 dimensional arrays.

but in this case it wasnt the limit, but some bug of patch 12, that seems to corrupt the map if you use more then 12 players or smth.

greez

Level 11
hiho,

back from avatar.^^ (entering reality xD)

yeah it seemed for me that it was the 2mb limit which gex once wrote about
because i reached it with a new system, saved, tested and got the bug...

well the 2 new bugs are also very strange.
as you said you can not have more than 12 active players (even if they are computer players!) and i have to reset the loading screen - otherwise i can not start the map. :-(

Robbepop

Level 17
considering the fact that people upload maps to the server before they host them, plus download from the server before joining. it isnt sure if there is a limit.

How is that related to the thread? If you test a map through the editor you play offline, and this happened offline.
And what limit are you talking about? The file size limit? Becouse there is one. You cant upload maps that is to big.

Status
Not open for further replies.