• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gaelas Tar is... really really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been playing my way through this with a group of 4 friends as squire, priest, thief and archer. We're all around lv 10, can do most of bandit dungeon fairly easily. But the boss at the end is practically impossible to verse. This is because I as squire am the tanking character, the only one who can take more than a few hits before dying. And I'm taken completely out of the fight by his frost. My allies are massacred and every time I unfreeze I get refrozen until they are all dead.

So I ask the question, how can you possibly beat it? I don't really want to have to grind any more, it seems really awkward to have such high level dungeon next to such low level creeps. And I doubt it would make all that much difference as the other heroes don't get a great deal more tanky...

The only thing I can think of is having someone else targeted by frost, but this means me not drawing aggro and that someone else also getting hit by damage spells and attacks... Help please?

Level 1
Pro tip: Certain spells are capable of interrupting spells.
When Gaelas casts his frost spell, the Fire Strike always follows, usually targetting the one who gets frozen. When this happens, one of you (the one who didn't get caught by the frost) simply run up to him and use the correct spell and interrupt Fire Strike.
Also note that he can cast it several times.

This boss should be very easy with a squire, thief and priest.

Good luck.

Level 5
also u can let the wolf go first to get frozen then just use hatefull to interrupt fire strike and keep the aggro, or if u had a mage just dispell the frost cage

Status
Not open for further replies.