• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

G.E.A.R. A Warcraft Map Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
G.E.A.R.
Ghost Encounter Assault Recon

GEAR_by_DoOs_101.jpg

The map G.E.A.R. is similar to the ones like NotD, it will have originality with the different touch. In the game of NotD, you can save your Kill Count and get Ranked, in G.E.A.R. we will have a Kill Count as currency to buy Special items that can aid Players in battle. The system of the game is very simple, 4-6 Players must survive 20 levels of hard-core tension. Players must succeed in each level, to kill every spawning ghosts in 5 minutes. If they failed to do this or die during the cause, they will have 2 more chances to reload this level (if dead in the cause, just minus that count). For every levels, Players will be teleported to different regions, like in the game Pyramid Escape, each challenge teleports the Players to a specific region. For every successful level, Player group will first be teleported to a Sanctuary region where they can buy items, upgrade skills, and enhance powers. If you've played the game F.E.A.R. , heck ya it scares people off, well this game is inspired by it. With the similarity of G.E.A.R. >>> F.E.A.R. :D basically the aim of G.E.A.R. is to scare people off. To do this, in each region/level, there will be implementations of Region event type triggers that will create a surprising event. There will be at least 5 of this in each level, and one at the beginning must initialize the Spawning trigger. The Spawning trigger is simple, I'm well experienced with that so you guys don't need to worry about it. However, the spawned enemies will surely have a smart enhanced AI. This AI will generate hard-core difficulty for the players that they will even have a hard time trying to pass level 1. The unit types on this game will have a connection with the AI. Players must use this advantage of the connection by generating Strategies and cooperating as a team. There will be 4 types of units, the Priest - Leader that have extra functions in the game (Available only to Host), the Sniper (2 available for Players), the Hunter (2 available for Players), and the Techies (1 available for Players). I will cover more details about this when I get the team going, but for now I'll briefly explain to you that for instance, a Sniper has the function in the game of nuking critical damages to the enemies, but is weak. I've uploaded two screenshots of the map Terrain in progress. I hope these screenshots will inspire you to join the team.

Screenshot_by_DoOs_101.jpg

Screenshot_2_by_DoOs_101.jpg

Jobs Opened:
- Triggerer (Expert at basic Triggering, Save/load coding for only the variables of Kill Count and Names, and can implement AI with JASS)
- Spell/Hero/Buff Editor (Skilled at these areas of World Editor, must have a good sense of Creativity)
- Publisher (I won't go with this one yet till the map is done)

Make your best choice :p :)

Level 12
lol

Scyth-Master said:
Oh yeah and you do know that your homestate is spelled Hawaii right?

Well my home state is actually Jakarta, Indonesia, but somehow tat Hawaii just randomly came into my mind when I was filling my profile info :lol:

Anyways here is our first request,

Our map theme is horror and we need someone to make a unit model tat looks like Sadako, that horrifying chick in the movie, THE RING!!!

Reminds me of F.E.A.R too much...lol

O.O me scared of F.E.A.R cause of pop up soldiers! -.- my bro has it and i watched him play it. Something looked like a ghoul and ran right past a soldier! This is why i dont play F.E.A.R.... or was that doom...... meh i scared o both and dont start to scare me of those 2. F.E.A.R is just like any other 1st person shooting game like... Unreal + Unreal 2..(unreal tornament is related), and other 1st person shooting games (if there is any more...) Except the fact that F.E.A.R is like better than the rest... I dont know about the new unreal torny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.