• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request a gameplay enhancement of a fun TD map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys, sorry for the wall of texts. I really need help on this.

Intro

This is a Chinese TD map I really enjoyed to play with my friends lately.
The language isn't a problem at all, as there are almost zero dialog or instruction in game.
As you can tell from the Terrain, there's nothing on the map besides 8 spawn points and the creeps destination in the middle.

What makes it fun is you can build the maze whatever you want it to be, as long as you don't block the way. Usually there will be one or two players build around the centre to make sure there are no leaks.
In some games, all players build around the centre, which makes it's more cooperative and fun to face these wave challenges.

The spawn point are NOT closed even there are no players in it.
E.g. 2 players in the game, but 8 spawn points are still flooding creeps out.
This won't cause too much of a trouble for an experience TD player, we can easily cope with that as more creeps means more income. BUT an imbalanced wave ruin this all!:(

Every wave has it's uniqueness, like Level 3 the fire spawn will bloodlust n run super fast, Level 5 sheep can transform into an air sheep who simply ignore terrain, zombie level has healing wave 0_0.

Problem

Then here comes a problem - Level 12 The Blinking Dogs:mad::mad::mad:
These creeps will simply walk a bit, then directly blink into the destination without any sort of counter play. All you see is wall of text fill with -lifes and an inevitable defeat.

We figured the only way to beat this is build towers at the spawn point, which kills so much potential of this game.
  1. You no longer have someone cover the leaks at the destination otherwise that will leak like crazy at level 12. This contradict the idea of cooperative play isn't it? (Covering each other's asses)

2. You are forced to build around the spawn points. (Limit the great potential)
    Then it raise up a question, why not build at both locations?
    First, we simply don't have enough resources to cover it.
    Second, doing that will deal little damage to creeps as gold are not focused on levelling up towers.

3. You will need 8 experienced player to get through this, which is hard to find them nowadays. Yes you can get a full house but don't expect people are good at it or stick around after several discouraging defeat.

Lets say you have defended your spawn perfectly, zero leaks, then at level 12, 2 lanes leak that cause you a defeat. And there's nothing you can do about it, you can't even maze a route to your place for help defending, because the dogs just simply blink into the destination. Can you imagine how frustrating is it ? (Anti-Fun)

Request / Suggestions

I understand the originality of the map, and protection issue for map editing, but there is no author name, no email or any sort of contact to the map creator. As a noob editor, I tried to open it with world editor but it keeps showing something is missing (PauseCompAI, SetPlayerFlag) and crash the program.

So I am looking for someone to help on editing the map, fulfilling the below points as much as possible.
Just to enhance the gameplay, I don't want this game simply ruined by an imbalanced Level 12 wave.
  • Please balance this Level 12, give it another skill or make it blink a very short distance like a tower-size distance but NOT directly into the destination. (Please Please Please fix this)
Optional edit request
  • Red can open or close spawn point / Open Spawn point according to current players
  • Change ownership of the towers with Afks / Share gold of the Afks every level to current players
  • Level reward adjust to current player (E.g. Total pool 800 gold, 8 players @100 gold each , if it's 4 players @200 gold each.

I hope this issue can be noticed and resolved. Thanks for the long read.:)

Attachments

• td.w3x
    144.8 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.