• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fury swipes dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Do note that there can only exist two types of incinerate: A normal one (can be modified) and a custom one. That's why there are only two types of it in DotA (Fury Swipes which just adds damage each attack and Caustic Finale which just explodes upon death). You can know that they are based off this ability because they don't leave corpses.

Of course you can trigger the whole effect, which I think DotA has already done since the various modifications to the abilities have taken place. It will also allow you to keep more than two "Incinerate" type abilities.

Though it is just a rumour I have heard several times from advanced coders (which have association with DotA), I'm not a 100% sure this is true.

EDIT:
Ah, after googling it a little more, here is what I have found (taken from playdota):
Fury Swipes is [ANic] Incinerate. Incinerate-based abilities with a different ID don't deal bonus damage (the explosion works though).

So basically, Fury Swipes is just a modified non-custom incinerate because the custom ones don't deal bonus damage. This means that there can be lots of different incinerate type abilities, but only one of them will be able to deal bonus damage.

Incinerate doesn't play nice with critical strike and demolish if your planning to combine it with them you might want to learn triggers/code because otherwise they're quite difficult to get working together.

I suggest learning how to use dummy units and then you can just use the standard incinerate with dummy abilities. Incinerate also likes to share itself meaning damage will stack from any unit/hero with the ability meaning there are no unique instances of the buff and only the highest level ability will take affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.