1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Furbolg Chieftain

Submitted by Elektrohund
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
My first custom unit! :peasant-victory:

This units appearance does not differ that much from the Furbolg tracker, however most of my effort went into the animation department.

Tell me what you think!

Update 1: tinkered with the animations. hmmm... the roll animation doesn't look right in game. I will work further at it.
Update 2: Further changes to walk fast animations. Added particle emitter.
Update 3: Added Ursa variation.
Update 4: Added Shaman variation. Added metal claws to the Chieftain. Minor tweaks to animations.
Update 5: Figured out why the model wasn't displaying properly in the 3D viewer. The latest variation is functional. Fix for all models incoming.
Update 6: Fixed visibility in the 3D Viewer.

[​IMG]
Previews
Contents

Furbolg Chieftain (Model)

Ursa Variation (Model)

Shaman Variation (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
You might want to make the walk fast and attack animations smoother. They are rather wooden right now.
  1. Shakral

Shakral

Resources:
    Resources:
    >I like it)

+ to forest partisans (Night Elf)

assessment: 10/10

This is a problem only in "View in 3D")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a problem only in "View in 3D (Beta)")

Portrait Talk:

[​IMG]

Portrait 1:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. Don Valentino

Don Valentino

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    GOOD HEAVENS! Finally A FURBOLG HERO!! I've been waiting for someone to make one. Thanks

3. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You might want to make the walk fast and attack animations smoother. They are rather wooden right now.

4. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great model. Though does it use in-game furbolg textures? I am not sure but if it does could you make various variants with the different furbolg texture (e.g. ursa warrior tiger texture).

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A rolling furbolg hero?
    Now I've seen everything.

Anyway, great to finally see a hero for that race.

6. Elektrohund

Elektrohund

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I am planning on making variations of this model.

7. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I like these custom animations!

Looking at this model from Magos model editor I notice that the portrait mesh appears for a very small time lapse during "Walk". If it's not something due to my viewer, it can be fixed by setting the portrait geosets's alpha/transparency to 0 in the respective geosetAnims settings using Magos (among the frames pertaining to "Walk" there must be some that set the portrait's alpha to 1 making it suddenly appear. The commands for this effect are spelled in lines with a frame number, followed by a ":" and a 0-1 number being the desired alpha value [example 75002: 1]. Delete that line or change the 1 to 0).
    To find the frame numbers that pertain to walk, they're described in the "Sequences" menu of magos.

Well, scrap all of the above. The problem comes from the fact that you need to set the portrait's geosets' alpha at the Beginning- and End-frame for every sequence. For walk, these two frames have no explicit alpha value. Just find the geosetAnims for the portrait geosets and add those alphas.
    For walk they are:
    10000: 0
    10667: 0
    You can delete any other line that has a number between them and sets some alpha to 0 (in my case i found one that reads 10203: 0 . That's useless in this case and can be deleted)

See if my quick dirty fix works for you (first of all please make sure that this isn't an issue only I am seeing due to some weirdness of my Magos editor)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  8. Elektrohund

Elektrohund

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed this as well but didn't bother with it because it works just fine in game anyway. It might have something to do with the fact that I used Mdlvis to hide the portrait.

9. Yoga WP

Yoga WP

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want more variations please. (with Furbolg Shaman, Furbolg Panda, Polar Furbolg and Polar Furbolg Shaman skins)

10. Edy

Edy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These are great

11. Garcis

Garcis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is perfect for my map, he will be an awesome boss :D

12. khang2000

khang2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm loving these custom animations. A 'roll-out' animation looks like great fun, and the 'party mode' animation is nice.

Good to see Creep Heroes.