• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Full Inventory System - 100% GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi!

I've made this Inventory 100% in GUI, and i'm making an custom shop too, i'm needing some ideas for the shop, and also, i really don't care about sharring this with all of you, soo, the map are umprotected, and is totally free for use.

I'm just asking for ideas, soo, please, give me that :D

*** Some thing are into my language and some aren't. Soo, any question, you can just come here and ask.

See ya!

Attachments

• 100% GUI Inventory System + Shop.w3x
    515.4 KB · Views: 107
Level 37
*It could support multiple units per player
*Many many things are hardcoded so the system is very difficult to import to another map or modify
*You have tons of leaks
*You are using custom value of items which is not recommended. Imagine if all item systems used the custom value, you could only use one in a map
*The test map is too big, lots of empty area

How do I activate the inventory?

Level 2
*It could support multiple units per player
I don't know if i get the point, but, this can be used by 10 players at once.

*Many many things are hardcoded so the system is very difficult to import to another map or modify
I agree, this is my 1st custom inventory ever. Will work up to a best one in the future.

*You are using custom value of items which is not recommended. Imagine if all item systems used the custom value, you could only use one in a map
For a long time i've used this way... i can't figure out an alternative way to do that.

*The test map is too big, lots of empty area
This was supposed to be an RPG, but i gived up on that.

*How do I activate the inventory?
ESC to enter, once in, ESC to leave.

Level 7
Seeing your map, probably I know from where you are :p (I still asked you just to make sure, but probably we're from the same place).

About the system itself, you can 'bug' it pressing Delete/Insert or scrolling mid mouse.
Also your 'Bordas', 'Criar Dummys', 'Abrindo o Iventorio', 'Selecionando Slot' and probably others, they leak a lot :p.

What this is supposed to be in your 'Dropar e Vender':

• Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer () == udg_CustonInvTempPlayer then
  • Custom script: endif
  • Custom script: call ShowDestructable(udg_CustonInvTempDestructable, true)
You mean this:
?

PS: 'Iventario' is wrong :p it should be 'Inventário'

Level 2
Seeing your map, probably I know from where you are :p (I still asked you just to make sure, but probably we're from the same place).

yeah, prob lol

About the system itself, you can 'bug' it pressing Delete/Insert or scrolling mid mouse.

Forgeted about this.

Also your 'Bordas', 'Criar Dummys', 'Abrindo o Iventorio', 'Selecionando Slot' and probably others, they leak a lot :p.

Don't get what you mean with "leak a lot"

What this is supposed to be in your 'Dropar e Vender':

You mean this:
?

They destroy the Item Icon and create a new "free slot", without that the icon of the item will stay but the item no.

PS: 'Iventario' is wrong :p it should be 'Inventário'

LOL, both my languages are a little bad ^^"

Level 7
Don't get what you mean with "leak a lot"
This

They destroy the Item Icon and create a new "free slot", without that the icon of the item will stay but the item no.
I mean, you're doing a 'if' and ending it without doing nothing, it's supposed to have something inside, and I suppose that 'something' is the thing outside the 'if' :p.

LOL, both my languages are a little bad ^^"
It happens :D also this language (the native one, not talking about the english) is pretty bad after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.