• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Full help with the Life Wave spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to make the Life Wave spell,but it was useless to try to insert Healing wave as the Suffix of the Life wave.
I need all the help from you to create this spell.If you
help me,then you don't need to give credit.Waiting for instructions,Reini.

Level 6
PurplePoot said:
honestly, what the heck is that supposed to mean?
Look up.I need help from possible moderators or other users just like you.So please send instructions,Reini.Soon I'll create another e-mail,where you can send instructions.Right now post'em here.Remember,this is my spell,but your instructions.If you help me,then you don't need to give credir,so start thinking,Reini.

Level 3
Yea, you aint stating what the problem is. . . And if i help you, i dont need to give credit? Why would i give you credit for helping you? And if you're trying to make a life wave spell from healing wave spell, jus change the name of the spell to life wave. . . At least that's what i think you're trying to say. . .

Level 6
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!Well here I go:let's just say that the spell was a failure and I need your help to give me some instructions.You see,I don't know how to use the triggers.Even if I read the tutorial,I still don't get it.I hope this is enough.I don't want your sofisticating
words,so better be the instructions posted.I'll give you 10 minutes to do it.The first one who posts them(the instructions),doesn't need to give credit.Mostly,when I import what it tolds me(I'm reffering at the spell import tutorial),it says error:Expected lines...(Back to the LIfe Wave spell)I beg you post the instructions.New rule:If you do it,then you recieve the grand prise.So start thinking.Better see the instructions posted in 10 minutes,Reini.Send me an e-mail to know what's the e-mail where you can post instructions.Right now there isn't.Soon there will be.I repeat,start thinking and posting them.Hope I see them on this topic,Reini.

Level 11
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
you idiot!
1. we don't know what the hell you want us to help in, cause you didn't write what are the problems with the spell. we can't help...
2. what the hell is that we don't have to give a credit?? you need to give a credit to us, for our help or sthg (or when u use our spells)
3. and as i said, you are sick...

Level 27
You do realize you're making it sound as if people should be privileged to help you.
Answer these 4 questions for me and I might consider answering yours.
What is the base spell?
What is your trigger (post it here)?
GUI or JASS?
What are you trying to accomplish?

And btw, for god's sake, do this for me:
Look at that big blank bar at the bottom of your keyboard. I like to call it a space bar. Become fast friends with it, I can read only smidgen of your writings...
--donut3.5--

Level 6
donut3.5 said:
You do realize you're making it sound as if people should be privileged to help you.
Answer these 4 questions for me and I might consider answering yours.
What is the base spell?
What is your trigger (post it here)?
GUI or JASS?
What are you trying to accomplish?

And btw, for god's sake, do this for me:
Look at that big blank bar at the bottom of your keyboard. I like to call it a space bar. Become fast friends with it, I can read only smidgen of your writings...
--donut3.5--
Well I only know 2 answers.1.The base spell is Life
Wave.
and
4.I'm trying to see if it works.
2.I don't know how to use triggers,even if I read the tutorial.
3.I don't know how to use JASS.If you know what's the good one,then I'll use it and I don't even know what's that GUI.

Level 6
paskovich said:
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
SOMEONE, CLOSE THIS TOPIC PLS!!! This leads to nowhere.
This guy is extremely stupid!
Watch your tongue there!!You're not allowed to use these kind of words.You might be banned or even worse.If you're "Mr.Spell king that uses triggers",then prove it.I'm challenging you to give me the instructions.Only if you're not a wimp.If no,then you've got 20 minutes to do it!Post'em here or pm me.You choose.Probably I'm "Mr.I don't know what I'm saying",but at least I don't use vulgar words.Start NOW!! Remember 20 minutes.If.....oops I forgot.Begin.

Level 11
Ok you genius, I'll ask again:
-What is Life Wave?? There's no such spell in Warcraft. I understand that you gave a new name to a spell, but WHICH spell?? W-h-a-t w-a-s i-t-'s n-a-m-e b-e-f-o-r-e Life Wave? Do you understand what i ask?
-What do you want it to do? Why doesn't it work?
-Do you need instructions for creating the spell or what?
You've got 1 minute.

And, do not ever threaten me again!!

Level 6
paskovich said:
Ok you genius, I'll ask again:
-What is Life Wave?? There's no such spell in Warcraft. I understand that you gave a new name to a spell, but WHICH spell?? W-h-a-t w-a-s i-t-'s n-a-m-e b-e-f-o-r-e Life Wave? Do you understand what i ask?
-What do you want it to do? Why doesn't it work?
-Do you need instructions for creating the spell or what?
You've got 1 minute.

And, do not ever threaten me again!!
You threatened me first in a post.Well,carrion swarm.I was trying to use Healing wave to use it's healing in life wave,but it was a mistake for me to do it.ANd yes I want the instructions.

Level 6
paskovich said:
At last! You spit out what you want. It took a long time...
Edit the Carrion Swarm's damage values, by pressing SHIFT-ENTER. This way, you can enter negative values as damage. Then change the "Targets allowed", uncheck enemy, and check friendly.
You proved it.GOOD JOB!This spell will be submitted for all of the users.And yes as I promised.You don't need to give credit,when you use it or edited it.Pleased?

Level 6
Reinhold said:
paskovich said:
At last! You spit out what you want. It took a long time...
Edit the Carrion Swarm's damage values, by pressing SHIFT-ENTER. This way, you can enter negative values as damage. Then change the "Targets allowed", uncheck enemy, and check friendly.
You proved it.GOOD JOB!This spell will be submitted for all of the users.And yes as I promised.You don't need to give credit,when you use it or edited it.Pleased?
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not working?Sorry,is there another way to do it?I really need it.

Level 11
Do not upload any of your spell, because i bet they are easiest-to-make ones.
And stop writing that "It does not working!!", because we cannot help if you don't write what is wrong with it...
What I got out of your confused words, you want a spell similar to Carrion Swarm, but it it should heal allies. If not, tell me again what you want (in other words).

Level 6
paskovich said:
Do not upload any of your spell, because i bet they are easiest-to-make ones.
And stop writing that "It does not working!!", because we cannot help if you don't write what is wrong with it...
What I got out of your confused words, you want a spell similar to Carrion Swarm, but it it should heal allies. If not, tell me again what you want (in other words).
I want a spell like Carrion swarm,but it should heal units.That's what.

Level 6
PurplePoot said:
well, Carrion Swarm may not accept allies as targets - for example, shockwave refuses to hit neutral and allied.

and...

Reinhold said:
You might be banned or even worse.

low-life is living proof against that :roll: rofl ( you cant get banned for that many things )
Of!paskovich said something about changing the damage and the targets.Damage must be set to -amount of damage and must be selected allies and deselected enemies.Come on,there must be a way to do it?

Level 11
i figured it out:
you need two abilities, a Carrion Swarm as the hero's ability, and an other Carrion Swarm for the dummy unit. Set all values of the 2 spells to exactly similar, exept damage. The dummy ability's damage must be the opposition of the main spell's. F ex: If you want the spell to heal 130/170/210 Hp, set the damage of the main spell to 130/170/210, and set the damage of the dummy spell to their negatives (-130/-170/-210).
Now in the trigger, create a dummy unit for Neutral Hostile, give it the dummy ability, and order it to cast the spell.
This way, the first ability will deal x damage to your enemies, the second spell will deal -x damage (will heal). Result: Only your units will be healed.
I won't write it in detail. Read some tutorials.

Level 3
Finally he states what he actually wants... There was another request for this spell a long time ago, one that would heal nearby units and damage enemy units, it must have been quite a long time ago.

Level 6
paskovich said:
i figured it out:
you need two abilities, a Carrion Swarm as the hero's ability, and an other Carrion Swarm for the dummy unit. Set all values of the 2 spells to exactly similar, exept damage. The dummy ability's damage must be the opposition of the main spell's. F ex: If you want the spell to heal 130/170/210 Hp, set the damage of the main spell to 130/170/210, and set the damage of the dummy spell to their negatives (-130/-170/-210).
Now in the trigger, create a dummy unit for Neutral Hostile, give it the dummy ability, and order it to cast the spell.
This way, the first ability will deal x damage to your enemies, the second spell will deal -x damage (will heal). Result: Only your units will be healed.
I won't write it in detail. Read some tutorials.
Why not!!I've already read that tutorial and I still don't get it,but I'll try.

Level 6
paskovich said:
Why not!!I've already read that tutorial and I still don't get it,but I'll try.
that's why! what don't you understand?? you don't know what a dummy is or what?
this is a simple dummy spell... (the simplest)
I don't know what should I do with it?It's not a spell,it's a unit.And also I don't have the Locust ability to make it unselectable.And I don't even know what to change at it.I understand that at the tutorial it said what,but in this case,I don't know.Can you tell me?

Level 6
paskovich said:
You see? You don't even know what a Locust ability is. Man, you are hopeless...

PS: Stop uploading your icon. Don't you understand that you cannot upload anything?????
I know what's the Locust ability,but I don't know where it is.

Level 3
Then SEARCH for it. . . I didn't know where the locust ability was but i searched every single file of abilities just to look for it to create my first spell. If not, just use Ctrl+F and type in locust if you really are that blind. . . Wait a sec, is it Ctrl+F or is it Ctrl+S?

Status
Not open for further replies.