• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fucking Space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Quick doodle. Also featuring space whales.

Attachments

• Space Whales.png
    Space Whales.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 437
Level 36
More like space dolphins ;)

Looking good, looks a bit unpolished and crude compared to your other works,
but there's nothing really glaring about it, it's just the composition that seems
a bit off. I won't go into detail as I'm sure you know what I mean, and I'm sure
you intend to do something about it, and if not, well.

Also, it made me think of this:

:D

Level 28
Hehe, flying whales! Referencing Gojira (even if unintentional) is always a good thing.

It looks really nice and straight to the point. As much as it may also give an empty feel in terms of composition, I wonder if retouching it may downgrade the overall concise aspect of the terrain and the protagonism of the light rays.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thanks, dudes. It was a quick work, so I guess it's a bit crude compared to works I spent days with. Not sure exactly what you think is off about the composition though, Keiji. I'm kind of with Naze about that it could downplay the effect of the lighting if I changed stuff around too much or added more details.

One space whale won't get a crystal. :(
Cool, I didn't think anyone would pick up on that. WHALE SPOTTED, FRIEND. Oh mah gawd, puns.

Are you okay?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
And the crystals are too similar.
Good point. Will probably take care of that.

that's not even a whale, it's a dolphin.
You mean like killer whales, which are technically also dolphins, which are technically completely different from porpoises, which are technically toothed whales, which are technically w̡̜̱̙̝h̠̯a̶l̞̻e҉̙s̘̝̲ͅ ̮̯̫th͙̻̜͜e̤̦͕̹̺̕y̘̖̩̟'͍̜̰r̹ͅe҉͔ͅ ̧͉̯̺a̬̭ll ͘f̶̱̩ͅuc̛ḳ͈̝̱̦i̶n̷̝̜̺͖̙̤ͅg̸̳̜̞ ͕̦ͅw͖h̢͎̼͙͎̯ͅą̺̞̳͈l͏̗̙e͓̟͇̝̳̖̕s̹?

I lost track ages back. I'm guessing the dolphins did, too. Because they ended up being whales in foken space.

In my universe, taxonomy snobs never split up the Cetacea family because they needed to convince people to keep funding their research. :]

Also, I couldn't find any whale models.

Last edited:
Level 36
but flying bath looks absurd even for psychedelic.

Let me say that I, for one, love the bathtub.

Also, about what I said, Heinvers mentioned one of the points; the crystals. Another is the dolphins/whales, they all
look extremely CnP, because they are exactly the same. This is why I generally don't like units, they are hard to vary
compared to doodads.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Is it a space where whales go to fuck? In that case, this is quite the congregation!
WHALE ORGIE.

Also, about what I said, Heinvers mentioned one of the points; the crystals. Another is the dolphins/whales, they all
look extremely CnP, because they are exactly the same. This is why I generally don't like units, they are hard to vary
compared to doodads.
Yeah I know what you mean. They don't have a decent enough animation set to play around with though.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Is it a space where whales go to fuck? In that case, this is quite the congregation!

Also looks like a drive-in movie theater...

After watching The Big Blue at the drive-in theater, and instead of watching the following fireworks show, will they go to some quieter place to poetically watch the starry skies by the moon(s)light, and then get romantically involved by kissing tenderly (like only space dolphins/whales can do, obviously?), at the exact moment a falling star passes by... :cute:

WHALE ORGIE.

...or not ? :eek:2

(sorry, no video available atm)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.