• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Frozen Throne hosting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys,

I have a problem. With RoC I can normally host, my autorefresh is working and everything is fine. But in TFT when I host nobody comes in, even after about 5 minutes no person.
This could either be bots which drift me out of the list, or it's some error. Do you know what it could be?

Greetz,
Lord

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have a problem. With RoC I can normally host, my autorefresh is working and everything is fine. But in TFT when I host nobody comes in, even after about 5 minutes no person.
This could either be bots which drift me out of the list, or it's some error. Do you know what it could be?
Ask someone to try and join your games from a chat channel. WC3 has turned much into SC2 where there are tons of selections and behind them virtually nobody.

I have even stopped playing WC3 as there is nothing new ever hosted.

usually if you host a map without a bot on B.net from Wc3 TFT your game is usualy barely seen on the server you host on let alone all the servers plus if you are hosting a map that not many (if any) know about it is expected that no one will join.
Try your luck again but instead host with a bot as it is the most ledged thing to do in recent times.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The bot software is free last time I checked. The server you need to use to run the bot is not. Ofcourse, you could use any computer as a server from even your normal PC to run the bot in the background while you do somethingelse for no extra cost but if you run a dedicated server you will need to pay for the power or server maintence of running one.

Level 3
FT is dominated by Bots, i currently own one that is heavily modified and can compete against the BGN Bots or w/e, i'm getting Full house whole time and it's fine for me, i don't autohost or anything. You just need some knowledge, however i'm afraid Normal hosting is gone. And the hosting has turned from how to open ports to how to Code in C++ and sniffing packets.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
And the hosting has turned from how to open ports to how to Code in C++ and sniffing packets.
Not really, its all to do with what you are hosting and if you are set up properly. I am sure if a bot starts hosting a new map at prime time there will be tons of players as the game is easilly noticed. The problem have badly set up their host bots or have them hosting boring or reptitive maps.

Level 3
Not really, its all to do with what you are hosting and if you are set up properly. I am sure if a bot starts hosting a new map at prime time there will be tons of players as the game is easilly noticed. The problem have badly set up their host bots or have them hosting boring or reptitive maps.
That's not the problem, the Bots over at codelain are old, the bot such as BGN or someone else uses are heavily Modified, and this code is restricited and not shared, pretty sure if you'd use the normal bot of codelain right now you still wouldn't get players, i've had this issue before.

Level 3
What do these modifications add that will get more players?
Currently i've just found one modification for a Refresh, It makes the game show up on the list alot more, however i'm sure there are more ways, i found it randomly when using Wireshark. Due to some Flame wars and crap i've had with some other users about this, i won't reveal it here public since it will kill the gamelist again, there was a huge issue before when too many used bots and many people didn't have strong connections to run a bot in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.