• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

frostwhisper vs WILLTHEALMIGHTY vs FamousPKer vs Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive Workshop

Terraining Challenge: Robots

Challenge Theme: Robots

Subject: Terraining (free for all contest)

Challenger: WILLTHEALMIGHTY

Opponent(s): frostwhisper, Void and FamousPker

Challenge Duration: Two weeks

Proposed Reputation Award: 20 points

Challenge judging: TBA

Imports allowed: Any. Even those you create yourself.

Details: Just a picture, no need for the actual map.

Level 34
It's human nature.
But no, this is actually not my idea. We've been discussing how we could change the challenge section, and this was the best idea to come forward. You may see it implemented in all challenges soon. : )

Void, as Poot has said, this isn't a rep handout. We want to push people. Besides, -20 is nothing. You make that from one terrain.

Level 34
I'm pretty sure -rep for lost challanges has always been given.
Yes, but this is different. Basically the idea is to have the loser give the winner some of their rep, aka. a bet. Like I said, "The winner gets 40 rep, and the two losers get -20?". So it's really just the losers giving up their rep to the winner.

Level 25
I know i shouldn't interfere cause i am not participating but why the fuss?
I mean i lost my first challenge and i gained that amount of rep lost in about 2 days....
Also do you really think that the loser will "lose" rep?
You know what i am talking about, terrainers get rep fast...

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Well... final entry. Woo-hoo.

135740-albums73-picture10786.png

Level 36
This isn't going to happen. I can't make an entry because I have final exams I need to study for as well as a whole bunch of end-of-semester papers. Pker and WILL don't seem to have entries yet either.

I don't think any of us should be repped or negrepped, but I'll give Frost +5 or something because he made an entry.

Level 34
As am I. Don't make challenges to just back out later. I think everyone but frosty should get -rep.

Level 34
I didn't make the rules.

Archian said:
The loser of a challenge will lose the total amount of -5 reputation points (so think twice when accepting a challenge).

Level 34
Those rules are bullshit and are being reworked, Gilles. You know that.

Don't blame me if I have other shit to do.
I thought people were in favor of the betting?
Also, you're the ones trying to rework the rules, but I don't really care, do what you want. If you want the Challenge section to be a rep handout, go with it.

Don't blame me when you back out of a Challenge that you made, and the rules clearly state you lose rep.

?
None of that has been implemented yet, and looks like it may never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.