• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Frost Chest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Frost Chest..
A Mountain.. Where terrible monsters live..
Beware!! And dont try to defeat the beast which is ruling this icey land
Updated:
Monsters drop items now.
Added Tavern
"tried" to balance Space..
Monsters are not random anymore
Edited the Doodads in the Middle

Keywords:
Meele, Ice, tree, Monster, Beast,
Contents

Frost Chest (Map)

Reviews
20:12, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: A low quality melee that lacks balance, terrain and has no drops at all. Rejected with a 1/5 rating. You can find my full review Here.

M

20:12, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A low quality melee that lacks balance, terrain and has no drops at all. Rejected with a 1/5 rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 18
Short review:

24eyv87.gif
Pros:

- Works fine, bug and lag free []
- Interesting, one gold mine per player, you need to save money a lot []

15phlph.gif
Cons:

- Creeps have no drops at all [X]
- More space above then below [X]
- Creeps are random witch results in strange unit groups [X]
- Boring gameplay, not interesting at all, no NPC buildings [X]
- Bad terrain, too much random dodoads [X]

It is a well low quality melee, that is a [2/5], you need improvements, start from scratch and try to make it better, with terrain and creep improvements. Make it more symetricall aswell.

bounty hunter2

Level 31
I must agree and also not agree with bounty hunter2.

- Interesting, one gold mine per player, you need to save money a lot [√]

Maybe you're right, it has it's individual facination and also not. As far I know, every melee map could not be played only with one gold mine. Haven't seen a map with only one gold mine separated to each player. Bad description.

bounty hunter2 is pretty right. Terrain is bad, you spam destructibles (Trees only) in entire map adding only some piles of treasure to it. That's bad.

Gold mines are not protected by creeps. Also item dropping system is weird. One of worst problem here is that each player has too low amount of trees neaby it's base. You have to move to other cluster of trees. That's unacceptable for me.

Killers of this map are:
- Resource gathering.
- Item drop inbalance.
- Gold mines are not protected.
- Terrain / Doodads art.

Fix these 4 points and my rating will increase because I rate this 1/5. Hope you'll improve your skills.