• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Frontier Defense, finished beta.[2vs2 Melee/MOBA].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
wA8SfXN.png

INTRODUCTION
Hi mates!:peasant-cheers-back:

The last week i'm was working in my first custom map. Not is nothing new, cuz i'm a beginner in this.
This is (I think) a finalized version, but I upload it as a beta so that the comments obtained help me to improve it in case there is still an error or incident. It isn't necessary to add any gameplay content, but if any suggestion I consider appropriate, I could implement it. If no incident or bug is registered, I will upload the map to the maps section*.

*It will be in case the game concept is liked by the player; I don't want to make a map just for me :xxd:.

PS: excuse me if at any time I don't express myself clearly, english is not my native language.:peasant-bowing:

GAMEPLAY

Summarized: combines RTS and MOBA gameplay in a small map.

In Frontier Defense, the West Zone (Humans) fights against the East Zone (Orcs). The players will form an alliance with one of these factions, expand their base and will send units to the battlefield to destroy the enemy forces.

• RTS in the part that the gameplay of typical Warcraft III still in force, but now you have a limited zone for build your base, besides to other limitations.

• The MOBA system appear in the middle of the map; each zone have his own nexus, where spawn every certanly time minions that go to attack the enemy nexus. The goal of the game is, like in any MOBA, destroy the enemy nexus.

-In depth-

All concepts about RTS are still the same, except the following:
  1. The workers units can't build towers. This is due to because the main goal of your base is produce units for the combat and as the workers can't go to thee Combat Zone (the line of middle), don't have reason for build them (another reason: the enemy can't attack your base).

2. Your heroes has now a new ability: Return to Base. It allow you teleport your hero and your close units to your hall or allied hall. Has 180 seconds of countdown. Your hero learn it automatically.

3. The reward for kill a unit generates in the middle area of the map don't have randomizer factor. It is, all players gain the same value of gold for kill a unit generated in this area (they are: minions, dragon, ogres and golems). The reward for kill units of any enemy player still have this factor.

4. The stores of humans and orcs now have the same objects to buy.
    Two of this objects are specific of each faction like the original game: the fire sphere (humans) and the thunderbolt sphere (orcs).

5. Gold and wood are practically unlimited, so you'll never go short of them.

About MOBA implementation:
  1. The gameplay is basic: defend your nexus, clean camps and destroy the enemy nexus.

2. The structures and units of your nexus are exactly the same that the enemy, just change the model.

3. In your nexus, the three towers more close to your base are of your property. They have special auras, can fill the life and mana of your units (at the expense of mana) and you can lead his attacks.

4. Your nexus generate minions each certain time, and if it have 2500 of gold, generate a legend hero. Also, if your team destroy the four front enemy towers, your nexus generate a siege unit.

5. There are three camps in the middle of the map. If you kill its units, you will recruit them.
    IMPORTANT: the player who kill the last of them alive, will be the owner. E.g.:
    Player 1 kills Warrior Ogre left -> Player 2 kills Lord Ogre -> Warrior Ogre Right are the last alive and it's defeated by Player 3 -> Player 3 recruit all of them.

SOME SCREENSHOTS
TVhqVBu.png
Cr5Y96B.png
vrPZ2r1.png
8fbANy2.png
DanZgow.png
4hu9wD8.png
EkG89C3.png
OocEqTo.png

CREDITS
Demon Tower
Mage Tower / Blue Dragon Nexus
by @MatiS
Shrine of Deathwalker
Load Screen Art
by Samwise Didier-Blizzard Entertaiment. (I have edited the image for custom it).
EXTRA INFORMATION
  • In the missions panel you can view the game instruntions more in depth, also the income system, chat commands for adjust the camera and camps information.
    If doesn't seem descriptive and helpful enough, please, let me know.

• You can play this maps whit PC players.
    A known trouble whit this is the Heroes owned by the PC don't use the skill "Return to Base", but they still buy and use the Scroll of Town Portal or they go walking to his nexus portal. I'm sure that some more incident could arise if enough factors are tested under various conditions. I await your answers especially for this point.

Another stuff to check:

My Warcraft World Editor is in spanish cuz it's my native language. All custom objects I've added are translated to english, but I fear that any string can appear in the wrong language, I wait that no, but again, waitting for your reviews.
    (Also if you notice any misuse of any word, please, express it in the comments).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With nothing more to write, I'm await your comments. Thank you very much for read this and (if you like) play my humble map.
    Regards!
    :peasant-cheers:

Attachments

• Frontier Defense 2vs2.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.