• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] From spell from spellbook to spell in spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello all
im making on a map named Azeroth ORPG and im wondering if theres a system that make heroes able to learn/level up spell from spellbooks and when learning it, they get a spellbook (if they dont allready have one) that fits into the type of the spell (like a fire spell in a Firebook). just type if you dont understand.
Thanks in Advance :)

Level 15
Yes, but i need to make players able to open a spellbook when leveling up spells and seperately level a spell up - like in WoW WSG or WoW Molten core.
When a spell is learned/leveled it will be added to a spellbook the hero got.
Example:
A warrior got 6 spells: Battle shout, Intimidate, Crush, Sheild Bash, Frenzy and Bloodlust
the spells is ordered in different classes.
Combat:
Intimidate and Cruch
Defensive:
Battle Shout and Sheild bash (dont say that Battle Shout should be in combat
or something - this is just an example)
Battlebuff:
Frenzy and Bloodlust.

Now lets say the warrior is level 4
He just used a tome of retraining and is now learning skills again:
He wants Frenzy lvl 2, Intimidate lvl 1 and Crush lvl 1

He open his Hero Abillitys and see the 3 spellbooks: Combat, Defensive and Battlebuff. First he want to learn Frenzy and level it up.
So he clicks the Battlebuff icon, and then frenzy two times.
Now he got a spellbook on his hero which got Frenzy level 2.

Now he wants Intimidate so he opens Hero abbilitys, click Combat and then Intimidate. Now he get a new spellbook on his hero named Combat. In this spellbook the spell Intimidate is - and in level 1

Last he wants Crush so he opens Hero abbilitys, click Combat and then Crush. Now, in his spellbook named Combat a new spell is gained - Crush and its level 1.
The spellbooks that contains the learned spells is like normal Spellbooks.

Hope you got it now :thumbs_up:

Level 7
ok for all of what you just asked you need a dialog. It explains only a little bit of dialog in the website I gave you. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=32334 That explains dialog a bit more indepth. Read it and then what you need to do is make some varibles (dialog button) set them for (example) Combat, Defense, and BattleBuff. You also need to set the events as to like hero levels up find the condition triggering unit is (whatever level). Im going to stop there but if the tut is to hard to understand then I'll finish it up..

Level 29
As Da)sniper said, you must use a dialog for that since you can't enter spell books in the hero abilities, you can only level the spell book (which I don't see whats bad in that, you can just add a description in the spell book that tells the player all the abilities and their levels, but do as you wish).

Ive made a thing like this in my RPG and it worked like a charm,

It would create a spell book if you learned a fire spell (FireAbilities) and when you learned that same ability again it would level it up in the spell book, if you learned a ice ability it would create a spell book (IceAbilities) and if you learned that ability again then it would level that up and etc. etc.

I deleted my map however because i wanted to start over, but if i really try again i could make the trigger for you again.

Level 15
Sounds nice Just Spectating, whit that trigegr and the triggers from WoW Warsong Gulch im done whit spells! really want u to make it, but first if i find the way they made spells in WoW Warsong Gulch... (
As Da)sniper said, you must use a dialog for that since you can't enter spell books in the hero abilities, you can only level the spell book (which I don't see whats bad in that, you can just add a description in the spell book that tells the player all the abilities and their levels, but do as you wish).
Its possible, ever tryed WoW Warsong Gulch or WoW Molten Core?)

Level 15
Ok, ive been thinking, and sience its a RPG, there will be Save/load ofcourse. Well i thought and i mean that most RPG's got too long Save/load codes, and if a player got 30+ spells in different level, your code will be a bit long (-load xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)
well so this is how i would like the system: Each class got 3 spells only, but they are spellbooks, so when leveling it up, you get more spells in higher level (Like Ragos RPG). when learned, the spellbook is moved to another spellbook named Spells. I use this, cuz im going to use both inventory System and Arrowkey movement, so i use the spellslots as a menu.
Hope you understand ^^

Level 7
Okay so let me simplify this. You want it so when you save then load you get a spell book spell (Spells) which has inside it your spell book spells? The only way I would know how to do this is to re-trigger the Save/Load system so that you can add a skill and move that spell book to your new spell book. (Wouldn't know how to do this, why you'd do this, or if you can do this.) You could just make it so everything saves. Like if you look up some of the functions on this site it'll show how to make a save and load system for your RPG. Some without codes. You don't need to use the spell slots as a arrow key movement system or for a inventory. Both are in the spells section. For inventory you need to have 2 slots in the inventory (preferably 6).
First person movement-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/709/ *By VIRUSOFMADDNESS*
Arrow key movement (Without first person part)- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/682/ *By VIRUSOFMADDNESS*
For this inventory you might need a spell or 2
Full Screen Inventory-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/183/ *By DimonT*
Save/Load System http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/355/ *By MrMaestro*
Inventory by multi-board http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/455/ *By Emergency*

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay, Let me simplify this even more you want 2 things where you have arrow key movement and a extra inventory correct? Okay well up there has a list of places to go to get them. You also want it so that all the abilities in one spell book will go into a new spell book. I don't know why you would want this, but you have to make a new spell book, and put the old spell book in your new spell book.

Status
Not open for further replies.