• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Force-cast from a spellbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is it possible to make a unit force-cast a spell from a spellbook? I wanted to have 5 spells in a spellbook and have the casted simultaniosly, but i can seem to get the spell to fire iv tried:

A unit enters (playable map area)

Unit equal to dummy spellbook

Actions

Order (entering unit) to cast Dummyspell 1 on Entering unit

Order (Entering unit) to cast dummyspell 2 on (entering unit)

so on so fourth. But it wont cast from a spellbook, i realize they alternative of creating 5 dummies, but that becomes a hastle to handle because there always there.

Level 11
Ehehe... I don't see your problem but if you are worrying about giving a dummy unit 5 different abilities. Explain what exactly you need since I didn't get, especially the last part. And btw, if you are wondering about dummy units not disappearing, just add the Expiration Timer to them.

Create 5 dummy units (based on the same dummy unit), and for each give an ability (Unit - Add Ability action).

~Daelin

Level 9

As i said that gets messy heres what i want: One unit with 25 abilities (5 spellbooks with 5 abilities) for 1 dummy unit, making 25 dummies would make a big diffrence in lag for say? 8 players? Why such a stupidly large number for one unit? Because i dont want 8 players all getting 2 towers that spawn 25 / remove 25 units. 400 units does cause lag, and the tower that uses this spell is the most expensive, but im expecting a few per player twords end rounds.

Level 9

ArcanisteR said:
Every spell has an order string right? Just use [pre]Unit - issue order targeting whatever[/pre]. And people have been forgeting that there is no particular function to make a unit cast a specific ability.

Well i dont quite get how this helps? And there is a way to force a unit to cast a specific ability:
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Damage source)

But they cannot be customs, unless theres something in jass.

Status
Not open for further replies.