• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocast spellbook ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone!

Is there any way to make unit autocast spell from the spellbook that he has?

Spellbook must be hidden (locked).
I tried to give an order "flamingarrows" for this unit, but nothing happens.

Then I unlock spellbook and use force player hotkey press to open the spellbook, but when I force flaming arrows hotkey unit takes an order "flamingarrowstarg" - not autocast.

Now I have no idea how can I make unit autocast flaming arrows in hidden spellbook.
Hope, solution exists.

But anyway, Thaks everyone for any information!

Level 39
Not that I am aware of, no. Autocast cannot be enabled on spells within spellbooks. You will need to trigger the effect entirely with a DDS like Damage Engine 5.4.2.3. You can then use the new field setting actions to change the unit's projectile art if that's necessary for what you're trying to achieve. It would looks something like:
  • Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Weapon String Field: Attack Projectile Art ('ua1m')at Index:0 to Value: Model/Path/Here.mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.