• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

frogger mini game help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all,

First a quick intro.. I am fairly new to map editor and have not done anything serious with it in the past (just basic testing with the GUI and some limited JASS). However, I am now undertaking an actual playable map that will consist of many mini games, in hopes that I will learn a lot about the editor in doing many different types of games.

Now for the question...

I am attempting to create a Frogger type mini game on my map, where enemy units are generated from the top in different sizes and intervals that move towards the bottom, and visa versa. The problem I am having is having the spawned frogger players, kill a unit that comes in contact with them.

Things I have already tried:
1) trigger action "unit within range"... I have found this to be a fairly buggy function, that only allows <gen> units to be selected. This doesn't really work for me the units in question are not pre-placed

2) I attempted to make a variation of perma-immolate that would be given to all traffic units. The problem with this is the 1 second intervals in which it dealt damage. I dont want players to get away with contact of up to 1 whole second and just walk away.

3) I ran some tests using a custom ability based off of the goblin land mines. however none of them were successful as it also granted invisibility and seemed to also have an immobility aspect to it.

Anyway, that about sums it up. If you have ANY ideas at all about how to do this I will appreciate the input. I am even willing to start from scratch need be, but the hours I put into this and all the failure is starting to get to me

Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.