• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
  1. Is WC3:WoW single-player?
    Yes. No matter what, the first few Open BETAs will be single-player. However, we're waiting for the release of the RtC project so we can not only add dozens of great third-party-programs to enhance the gameplay to be more alike World of Warcraft's, but we'll also gain the possibility of making Wc3:WoW into a multiplayer WarCraft III mod. But for now, it's single-player.

2. Inventory system - How many slots?
    So far its the old default 8 or 12 slots. However, we're going to be moving to this system most likely since it's simply awesome and fits our needs: This
  3. Equipment system - How many slots, and visible or just the effect of each item?
    Same as above. The inventory system and equipment system are generally the same thing in one, but you can have a look at how it would work from this map.

4. Food/Hunger system has been removed entirely - Why? Won't it work? Haven’t even tested map so I don’t know how it was.
    The Food/Hunger system we removed was a simple system that just made your character hungry and die if he didn't eat, which we found to be more annoying than just a realistic addition to the mod. It was very annoying and no one liked it, plus it wasn't even in WoW. Therefore, it was removed.

5. Multiboard now displays the correct level of your hero and more accurately shows health and mana as well - What else it shows? After what screenshots show, days, week, points (earned from quests? what are they used to?) and you current location.
    The party multiboard shows the HP and MP bars of all those in the party, as well as their level. Will it show more later? We might try to add buff icons to the multiboard to show which characters in the party are buffed and which aren't. As of right now, it's not relevent.
    There are two other multiboards we use. One shows the level of the professions you have, the other shows how many days have gone by since you last played and your location. The most useful multiboard though is the party multiboard.

6. New stats system added - Can you please explain a little bit more?
    The new stats system is basically replacing our non-WoW-like stats system. The system we had allowed the player to give their character +6 points to either the Strength, Agility, or Intelligence stats. This made it easy to overpower your character, regardless what class you were, plus it was a system not used in WoW. So, we're going to use a system more like WoW's - and actually, it's seems to be the same as in WarCraft III - where when you level up, you gain +1 to a few stats such as Intellect and Agility. It's a WIP, but will of course be done by the time the open BETA comes around.

7. New currency system has been added. (Gold, Silver, Copper.) - Will it be shown at gold/lumber/food?
    Yes. I'm not sure how else we could do it, to be honest.

8. Many more quests have been added - About how many quests will there be for each zone?
    Right now there aren't any real WoW quests in Wc3: WoW yet, but we're getting close to the point where we'll start adding them. How many per zone? It depends which zone. But Valley of Trials alone will have about 6 quests or more, most likely. Some zones such as Ragefire Chasm (Instance) or Echo Isles don't give you quests, but are mainly places where you must go to finish some of them. If your upcoming question will be how many quests in total when Wc3:WoW is done, I have no idea, but I'm guessing at least 50 quests.

9. Added mailing system. With the mailing system you can send a message back and forth between your toons and you can also send one item per mail and Gold, just so long as you have enough to pay the 6 gold shipping fee - How does this works, since it is a single player game...? "/ Who will you send it to?
    The mailing system is currently targeted to work only for your saved characters. For example, say you are playing on a level 60 account but found a nice level 19 item that would help twink your level 19 twink character. Simply loot the item, go to a mailbox (Usually found in cities or towns) and send it to the character slot that your level 19 character is saved in and it's as easy as that... you can now logout of your 60 character and login as your level 19 character. However, in order to get the mail, you need to go to the mailbox and open your Inbox. You should be able to see a message in there that has an item for you to take. And there you have it! You can send items, money, and text messages to characters through the mailbox. Will there be any other features? Unlikely. However, some day we'll try to make you able to mail stuff to AI bots in your Friends list - when we add a Friends list.

10. I have read alot of information about ths project. At the free webs site, the forum and here. There is alot of notes about models, systems, terrain, heros, spells, abilities, untis, creeps, cities etc.. But I havent seen anything about items..
    You, different team members, have said that this modification will be as simular to World of Warcraft as possible. The quests will mostly be the same, the terrain as close to a copy as possible and the heros aswell. Will the items be the same as in World of Warcraft? The exact amount (If that is possible at all), or just the most important? Is there any categories of items you will drop out of this mod? What are the categories you will include?

11. Items; There are potions, cooking, food, weapons, armor, etc.. Everything that I have seen so far, in this mod. Will there be epic items? Very rare items? These items, can they come in sets? Which gives bonuses for wearing the whole set?

We haven't done much work on items yet, actually. And with an inventory system/equipment system that isn't finished, items are currently irrelevant until we have a working and stable inventory/equipment system.

Items will at first be made entirely accurate. Every item in WoW (Some from the expansions we may make exceptions for) will be added and our team will try their best to their ability to make each and every item as accurate as possible, both as far as models/texture goes and the very statistics of the items as well.

12. Will the items be the same as in World of Warcraft?
    As said above, yes!
  13. The exact amount (If that is possible at all), or just the most important?
    Right now we're just adding the items needed to test stuff, as well as few general items that would drop from mobs such as a Worn Shield or something like that. Eventually though, all items will be added.

14. Is there any categories of items you will drop out of this mod?
    Not entirely sure. Something like this we'd decide upon when the time comes where such a decision must be made. Probably not though.

15. What are the categories you will include?
    Categories we'll make on our own will be Armor, Weapons, Miscellaneous, and a few others. But later on, probably not too much later on after items are equippable, we'll add sub-categories such as Armor being the main category, and then its sub-categories will be Cloth, Leather, Mail, and Plate.

16. Will there be epic items?
    Definitely. Though, I doubt we'll add any epic items in the first Open BETA.

17. Very rare items?
    As said before, yes, but not until after the first Open BETA. This doesn't necessarily indicate that the second one will have very rare items, but is a possibility. It depends what zones are finished and triggered completely or at least fully enough to be played in normally with minimal bugs and so on.

18. These items, can they come in sets?
    If we can, yes.

19. Will the items have custom models when they are droped, aswell as equipped?
    Items that are equipped (Weapons, shields, capes, and armor) will be shown on your character, however, items are not droppable. When you try to drop an item, a dialog will ask "Are you sure you wish to destroy this item?"

20. Around in the lands, can you find items used from special systems? (Mining, Alchemy, Cooking etc..)
    Eventually, yes, it will be possible.

21. How many systems like those about will there be? (Sub systems/abilities/skills)
    I never bothered to count. So far there's about 10 or more. Most likely more than 10. In the end, there will be A LOT of systems, believe me on that. Unless we never get a good JASS scripter who is dedicated, the future versions will be truly epic, even when compared to the first Open BETA.
  22. Will potions in Wc3:WoW be bindable?
    No.
  23. Will items (quest items, weapons, armor, etc.) be bindable?
    Later on, yes.
  24. Will you be able to choose the gender of your character (male/female) when creating your character?
    Yes. We're working on that now.

If you have any questions of your own that you think may fit this post that has not been asked yet, post it in this thread!

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 10
There is for 20934 time, sat any release date at all (!). Not even a new beta. But if you will like to test the VERY only version here. Craka has promised, which is something you should belive, that the finaly version, or even the next beta, will be 34,5 times better than that!

-iPeez

Level 17
There is for 20934 time, sat any release date at all (!). Not even a new beta. But if you will like to test the VERY only version here. Craka has promised, which is something you should belive, that the finaly version, or even the next beta, will be 34,5 times better than that!

-iPeez

Almost everything can be better then that one ;)
Im happy that orgrimmar doesnt looks like in that version, i didnt even release that it was orgrimmar first. :p

Level 17
I still want to have an answear on this question:
LTGH said:
Will items conatain the "Binds When Pickedup" and "Binds When Equipped" system?
That would be good to have since the mailing system.
otherwise when you got level 60, you can just send your items to other characters.

Agree ^^

Off topic: Clicked yours Dragon click mine :D
Off topic: Allready clicked yours, i click on all i can see ;)

Level 2
i guess im not the longest candle in the birthday cake, but i kinda failed to find the search function in this forum :p

edit: Doh just found it! ><

Status
Not open for further replies.