• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frequent Player Dropping Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm currently making an RPG. My hero selection works basically like the following:

Press Left or Right Arrows to change heroes.
Press Up or Down Arrows to select hero.

When I'm testing mutliplayer, other players will be just fine until they select a hero... at which point they automatically disconnect. I'm looking into my trigger now, I'm just posting to find out if there are any comment "auto-disconnect" issues I should be aware of when making triggers.

I've also tried hosting and putting myself in the player two spot, with my friend in the player 1 and 3 spots. No luck, I stay every time and my friend gets booted.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, FrostCyrus. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you can do so in our Introduction Forum. If not, you should at least take a look at the important Site Rules to make sure you won't run in trouble.

I'm currently making an RPG. My hero selection works basically like the following:

Press Left or Right Arrows to change heroes.
Press Up or Down Arrows to select hero.

When I'm testing mutliplayer, other players will be just fine until they select a hero... at which point they automatically disconnect. I'm looking into my trigger now, I'm just posting to find out if there are any comment "auto-disconnect" issues I should be aware of when making triggers.

I've also tried hosting and putting myself in the player two spot, with my friend in the player 1 and 3 spots. No luck, I stay every time and my friend gets booted.
I recommend you to post the trigger you made and use the
  • tags (to make it easier to read) so we can find the problem.
  • I advise you to becareful with the Camera commands, after all these years of Warcraft III modding, I have only ran [U]once[/U] into disconection problems, which was caused by a camera.

Level 24
Hmm. I've had a problem in which if you click basically any custom building (or one that used the same model as another), you crash. The problem occured in maps where I modified the units under the "Techtree Equivalents - Hero" field under whichever advanced constant group. I had to restart with my little experiments from a point where I hadn't modified that. So basically, from scratch, and the experiments are completely abandoned now.

Status
Not open for further replies.